Anyone here make drum shells? Im finding it tough to find anyone who does it. It cant be that difficult if you have a bending machine, or buy the wrapped shells.
.....search for custom drum shells on google......
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
considering this is a guitar website, it would be pretty hard to find anyone that makes their own drum shells. it would be hard to find a drummer that does that.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
considering this is a guitar website, it would be pretty hard to find anyone that makes their own drum shells. it would be hard to find a drummer that does that.

na there are a lot of multi instrumentalists like me
i know that.... i also play more than one instrument. i play guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums. but most people on this site just play guitar or bass. and making drum shells is a lot harder and more expensive than you think so most people don't do it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
i know that.... i also play more than one instrument. i play guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums. but most people on this site just play guitar or bass. and making drum shells is a lot harder and more expensive than you think so most people don't do it.

explain how
Quote by Phazer
explain how

I'm not sure if this is the correct process, but you have to do the plies of wood one at a time (there are generally 6 or 8) so the seams don't line up. Even after getting it perfectly round, you have to cut the bearing edges (the edge the head sits against). If the bearing edge is just slightly messed up, it sounds horrible, no sustain at all.

I'm comforable doing work on a guitar, but I'm not even gonna touch drums
I've given thought to it but then decided it wasn't worth the work. The subtle features of drums are not something that people really appreciate. You don't hear random people sitting around and talking about a drummers tone, you hear them talking about the drummer. A good drummer can play a garbage can and sound good. Can a good guitarist play a garbage can? Has Slash, Hendrix, SRV, Fru, Clapton, Buckethead, John Mayer, Joe Satrioni , Steve Vai, or any other popular rock guitarist ever been known for the kickass tone in their trashcan solo? That’s why I don't build drums.
Not taking any online orders.
Highland Drums makes their own shells and you could buy from them. it is actually very difficult to make shells and you need to create molds. The easiest thing would be a stave shell. But really, you can just buy some high quality keller shells. Go to amdrumparts.com
They sell shells, hardware and if you buy the hardware with the shell, they drill and edge for free.
Quote by Crane965
I'm not sure if this is the correct process, but you have to do the plies of wood one at a time (there are generally 6 or 8) so the seams don't line up. Even after getting it perfectly round, you have to cut the bearing edges (the edge the head sits against). If the bearing edge is just slightly messed up, it sounds horrible, no sustain at all.

I'm comforable doing work on a guitar, but I'm not even gonna touch drums

this is basically right. one tiny mistake in any of the plies messes everything up. it also takes a really long time to dry the plies after you bend them.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
What about 70's style fiberglass shells? Is there any particular knack to them if you know how to work fibreglass?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard