I am still looking for my new amp. I want to spend about $650 or less.

I am looking at the Bugera 6262 and the Traynor YCV50

I play Shred, Classic Rock (70's and 80's), blues, and I sometimes venture into metal.

I want something versatile, but I will mostly be playing shred and Classic Rock.

I use cleans a bit, and I think I will be gigging with cleans sometimes in the future.

Right now, I have a solid opinion on the 6262. I have heard quite a few clips of it, and I like it alot. It's like a ValveKing, only 10 times better.

I don't really know what to think about the YCV50. I've heard good tones, and some not so good tones out of it.

I think the Bugera would suit me more, but I am concerned about quality since there is a debate about it being made by Behringer.

What is UG's opinion on the better deal?
Bugeras are handmade, only distributed by berhinger. I would get a 333xl actually, the have better sounding gain than the 6262s and better cleans.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Bugeras are handmade, only distributed by berhinger. I would get a 333xl actually, the have better sounding gain than the 6262s and better cleans.

Is the 333xl as versatile as the 6262?

You're right about the cleans on the 333xl. They sound great on clips I've seen.

I really like these Bugera amps now. I think they would do shred well.

120 watts is plenty for any situation right?

Any other suggestions?
I'd get the Traynor and an OD before the Bugera, its voiced better for the stuff you want to play imo.

Or get a used Carvin V3.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
I'd get the Traynor and an OD before the Bugera, its voiced better for the stuff you want to play imo.

Or get a used Carvin V3.

Do you think that the Bugera is voiced for metal?

I thought these amps were pretty similar...

I love the independant 3 channel EQ on the 333xl by the way. That's convenient.
Quote by Explorer125
Do you think that the Bugera is voiced for metal?

I thought these amps were pretty similar...

I love the independant 3 channel EQ on the 333xl by the way. That's convenient.

Yeah, the 6260 were like 5150 copies, definitely voiced for metal. I dunno, I just dislike the Bugeras. Also, I really doubt they are all hand made. If it was all hand wired, it wouldn't cost under $700.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
Yeah, the 6260 were like 5150 copies, definitely voiced for metal. I dunno, I just dislike the Bugeras. Also, I really doubt they are all hand made. If it was all hand wired, it wouldn't cost under $700.

I've always thought 5150's were for shred, and EVH rock stuff. I kinda like that sound. Although I doubt it's ability to play blues, or lighter rock.
Last edited by Explorer125 at Aug 14, 2008,