Hey there,

I'm one of those people who is sort-of self-taught when it comes to the guitar and I have very little musical background. I've been trying to write a guitar version of Sigur Rós' song "All Alright", which I think would make an awesome ballad (and a good addition to an Open Mic Night set). The problem is, try as I might, I can't figure out what chords to use and where.

I've tried searching the internet but I've come up empty-handed. I've even tried to do a search for what key the song is in, so I'd have some idea of where to go in terms of chords, but I've drawn a blank. Any help in this would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm not asking people to tab the whole thing, just to give me their more experienced advice and maybe the key the song is in so that I might be able to play the damned thing.

Anyway, here's a link to it on Youtube for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQuIsDnQ3k
what i did was i got power tab and matched up the sheet music from the piano thing into the power tab program.
I looked at the sheet music notes and randomly entered them into power tab untill they matched up. it takes forever but it works.
Get TuxGuitar for free?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
you may use guitarpro... gp will tab your midi, your piano sound, but not really that 100% correct but close to it, you may do the remedies...
Hey also you might want to try to learn some basic ear-training techniques. the easiest way is to listen to the bass note moving thru the chord changes, hum the note, then find and play it on the guitar. Once you have the first note then if you know basic major and minor sounds, you can usually figure it! Good luck J B Bad Boy
Quote by J B _ Bad Boy
Hey also you might want to try to learn some basic ear-training techniques. the easiest way is to listen to the bass note moving thru the chord changes, hum the note, then find and play it on the guitar. Once you have the first note then if you know basic major and minor sounds, you can usually figure it! Good luck J B Bad Boy

yeah this is better... this is a lifetime asset...