hey guys, i need a new amp mine is crap and old. Looking for a combo loud enough to play with a band so probaby around 50 watts? maybe louder...?price range i under 700 any suggestions?i play classic and hard rock with a little metal.
suprising the epiphone so cal 50 is pretty amazing sounding. its a half stack, but the combo version is called epiphone blues custom 30 i believe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHUjNcimakI
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by travd92
suprising the epiphone so cal 50 is pretty amazing sounding. its a half stack, but the combo version is called epiphone blues custom 30 i believe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHUjNcimakI

i heard it was bad for metal.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Quote by hotsnakes
i heard it was bad for metal.

yeah i dont think it has enough gain. maybe when you get it cranked. its great for dirty blues and its suprisingly cheap.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Bugera B52 AT112
Randall RG50tc
Hughs & Kettner 20th Anniversary Edition
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Classic 30
Used Mesa F-30 or F-50
The Traynor and Classic 30 will likely need a pedal to get the "little metal" if not cranked up a bit, the top 3 will get there on their own along with the Mesa. Look used, they go for 40% usually off of the new price.
Quote by travd92
yeah i dont think it has enough gain. maybe when you get it cranked. its great for dirty blues and its suprisingly cheap.

what about with a ts808 (ibanez not maxon)
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

i have an Ibanez TS and it is awesome man. my amp doesn't do it justice because i'm stuck with -dare i say it- an MG right now, saving up for a rectoverb. but put that pedal in front of good tube amp and it'll scream. hence the name. if thats what your using for your overdrive, then i think that epiphone will do you good. i've never played it in person, but what i've heard is it's really great. most of the amps you have been recommended are wonderful. try all you can to find what suits you best.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Zendrive

Quote by travd92
i have an Ibanez TS and it is awesome man. my amp doesn't do it justice because i'm stuck with -dare i say it- an MG right now, saving up for a rectoverb. but put that pedal in front of good tube amp and it'll scream. hence the name. if thats what your using for your overdrive, then i think that epiphone will do you good. i've never played it in person, but what i've heard is it's really great. most of the amps you have been recommended are wonderful. try all you can to find what suits you best.

yeah, i've got the ts808 in front of my crate (which is a piece btw) and it makes my clean channel and distortion sound a lot better and, well, tube-ier.

but again i should probably try the socal + ts808 before i even consider buying.
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75