I'm looking for a high end guitar made for the evilest metal imaginable. Preferably it will be V-shaped and black with an ebony fretboard. Price isn't a big issue. Anyone?
Price isn't an issue? Go custom. Ask TheShred201 for a list of decent luthiers; I'm in Britain so American luthiers aren't exactly my specialty.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well, price is always an issue obviously, but I can stretch for the right guitar. I wouldn't say I'm good enough to justify going for an expensive custom just yet.

EMGs could be good, but looks matter a lot as well! I'm not entirely sure about necks, that's something I can go and try out.
dude u could get alot o ****! jackson v... look at bcrich's lineup im not sure what they have 4 v but... check out dean also and there is one.. its a schecter . its called a damian 6 br or br trem but its a mat black v /w EMGs .. its a prity sick axe

My ****

Schecter damien 6
dighitech rp250
peavey studio pro(65w)
create **** ass 15w
I'll take a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge and tone zone in the neck over EMG's any day. Much better sounding imho
Just give us a price because an expensive guitar means different things to different people. And are you still using that Vox?
Get a regular Gibson Flying V in black, change the white pickguard for a black one if you really care that much about everything being black, and just darken the rosewood fretboard. Rosewood fretboards will be better for heavier metal styles than ebony anyway.

There, job done.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by WackZylde
Well, price is always an issue obviously, but I can stretch for the right guitar. I wouldn't say I'm good enough to justify going for an expensive custom just yet.

EMGs could be good, but looks matter a lot as well! I'm not entirely sure about necks, that's something I can go and try out.

You don't have to get a second mortgage to get a custom unless you're going for a Conklin or similar. You can get a decent custom for about $2000-$3000 if you look around.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Budget is around £1500. I won't use the Vox with it, don't worry. Hehe
Ahh, you're in the UK, I didn't spot that.

Talk to a user on these forums called "godofshred", he does customs for a damn good price and can often be found hanging around in the 7 string legion thread because he started it. He can almost certainly do exactly what you want for that much.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by WackZylde
Budget is around £1500. I won't use the Vox with it, don't worry. Hehe

Nice.

I don't know how much Jackson RR1s are over there but that seems to line up with your criteria pretty well. And I agree you could likely find someone to make you an amazing custom for that much.
yeah go local, locally custom made axe's are more likely to be twice as good then custom made name brand guitars cause the local shop will have to do good in order keep a good rep so go see ir local shops and see if they have like a model in the store u can play so u can get a feel of what the finished product will be like and check out the actual shop were they build the guitar and make sure u approve of all the tools and people so u know u will get a damn good guitar.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
www.ranguitars.com

http://www.ricojrguitars.com/page.php?1

There are two pretty well known and excellent custom shops. Or you could go with the ESP custom shop. Ran will generally run you a bit over $4,000 if it's not anything TOO extravagant. If you keep it simple RAN is really cheap for a custom. Bernie Rico I have no experience with myself, but I'm pretty sure I've heard quotes being around $3,000. ESP is generally $5,000 atleast.

Note: All these prices are (obviously) in USD and are estimates. You can get quotes incredibly easy from all of these companies though.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Aug 14, 2008,
^ Yeah RAN is really easy to get quotes from. I got quoted just under $3000 for a neck-thru seven string superstrat style guitar. They're very reasonable.
you should look into Karl Sander's signature guitar. I believe its made by KXK? Or something like that. Ran also make great custom guitars. Looking into a Jackson RR or King V might not be a bad idea either. And Dean isn't a bad call. Shop around.
Quote by FireandFlames
Put strings on a burning cross.

This, but cover the cross in Jesus's blood first.

A lamb will do.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.