Hi everyone, I know this subject has been already been discussed, (or thats what i guess) but I'm here, on my knees, asking you guys If u could tell me whats the IN****INGCREDIBLE scret of making duets, I mean, they sound so darn cool and I want to try it out, pls anyone tell me, I hear this Avenged Sevenfold duet and OMFG i would like to do something like that with a friend of mine, could any1 pls help me???!!!! THNX
You mean harmonizing? Just play a lead line while someone else plays it an octave higher/lower.

EDIT: Yeah I'm an idiot. Don't listen to me...
Last edited by T!AN at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
You mean harmonizing? Just play a lead line while someone else plays it an octave higher/lower.

A harmony is not an octave. The most common harmonies in metal are thirds, fourths, and fifths.
Quote by Scream And Fly
A harmony is not an octave. The most common harmonies in metal are thirds, fourths, and fifths.

My bad. I thought what I said was wrong, but I couldn't tell if the TS was trolling or not so I didn't bother to check...
Quote by Scream And Fly

THANK YOU. I was about to say the same.
it bothers me when people preach incorrect music theory.
(not saying that T!AN was doing it intentionally.)
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by Almost-Antix
THANK YOU. I was about to say the same.
it bothers me when people preach incorrect music theory.
(not saying that T!AN was doing it intentionally.)

No, no, you've got it wrong. I decided awhile ago that my sole purpose in life is to misinform people about music theory. And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids...

Seriously though, my bad. It didn't seem right when I typed it but I posted anyway for some reason. I know how annoying it is when someone posts wrong information.
Quote by Scream And Fly

listen to this guy
he's right harmonies usually comsit of some one playing the thirds fourths or fifths of the root note. four frets away from the 'ROOT'' note your playing is the minor third

such as

T
e10---15
B---------
G---------
D---------
A---------
E---------
15 is the minor third
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
OOOhhh I see, is just that I really don't know much about music theory, If you could explain me how this OCTAVES, FOURTHs, etc work, you would save me from my ignorance, pls I beg you, explain this to me so I can play in****ingcredible duets with my guitar partner, thnx for your understanding!!!!