Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by LukeBTH
The rhythym pickup is the neck pickup, chico

bridge i meant, sorry, lol.

the options i chose would be bridge.
You got me lost. You're putting the 81 in the bridge right? If so then why the hell would you put a dimbucker in the neck? Are you going to be using cleans? Are you looking for something a little bassy?

Choose what you want. I'd personally go for the 60 for it's ' warm' and 'smooth' feel, but that's just what I prefer.
get yourself the Bill Lawrence X500L. it's what dimebag used originally in all his guitars in the bridge position, and it is 1/4 of the price of those other pickups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
get yourself the Bill Lawrence X500L. it's what dimebag used originally in all his guitars in the bridge position, and it is 1/4 of the price of those other pickups.

Theres more then one Xl500L Bill lawrence. He should know that before he goes and grabs one he might not like. Theres the B&B and the USA's. But I don't see why it would be put in the neck possition. If you're looking for a Bill Lawrence neck pup then get the 500R
honestly, im noobish with pickups. this is my first time looking into specific pups. i want 81's for lead, and i was looking at dimebuckers, 85s, and 60s for rhythym. i should have just stated this from the start. my bad guys.
I wouldnt put new pickups in that guitar. Odds are, you will not notice the difference depending on your amp. Id wait till you get a higher quality guitar in the future. Nothign against your guitar at all, they are great for the price, just not worth modding.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Just out of curiosity you can mix passive pups with active ones? It was always my understanding that you couldn't.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
^ You can as long as they have their own tone and volume pots, but the volume dropoff from the active to the passive pickup is so drastic it really isn't the most practical thing to do
Quote by T!AN
^ You can as long as they have their own tone and volume pots, but the volume dropoff from the active to the passive pickup is so drastic it really isn't the most practical thing to do

Ah good to know but I really dont think its a good idea TS with the guitar you have but its your money so go for either emgs nothing passive.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Does this count as a vs thread?
anyway out of those i'd pick the EMG 60 cuz of the better cleans
but if you have a crap amp, it'll make no difference, it'll probably make it sound WORSE. EMGs are only good with tube amps
so get a new amp first
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by Highwaytohell
No Amp? Than what are your pickups good for!

+1

TS - buy an amp, you don't need new pickups and you don't know enough about them yet to be worrying about replacing them anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by hell_monkey
Does this count as a vs thread?
anyway out of those i'd pick the EMG 60 cuz of the better cleans
but if you have a crap amp, it'll make no difference, it'll probably make it sound WORSE. EMGs are only good with tube amps
so get a new amp first

EMGs are only good with tube amps
not true. emg's are good with any amp,i can hear the difference between them
and humbuckers with a SS amp. a tube amp will make it more apparent to the untrained ear.
Yeah but the point of EMGs are to overdrive the tube amp, creating more breakup and more distortion. On a SS amp, you'll just get that annoying harsh SS clipping which sounds like ass
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Dimebuckers are the reason Seymour Duncan may very well go to Guitar Hell©.

Seriously, they sound like ass imo.