1. Whats the difference between the Legacy and the S-500? The S-500 has a mini toggle...
2.G&L Legacy
Legacy Deluxe
Legacy Humbucker
Legacy Special
S-500
Can you tell me the prices for these? Whats different about these? i no that the hb is like the hss strat...
3. Fender vs G&L? which g&L from the list would you hve?
Quote by hatooku
1. Whats the difference between the Legacy and the S-500? The S-500 has a mini toggle...

the Legacy has different pickups and as you already pointed out, it doesn't have the mini toggle the S500 has.

Quote by hatooku
2.G&L Legacy
Legacy Deluxe
Legacy Humbucker
Legacy Special
S-500
Can you tell me the prices for these? Whats different about these? i no that the hb is like the hss strat...

Prices depend on where you live, what finish you want and who you order from.

Legacy: the standard model; comes with vintage style Alnico single coils

Legacy Deluxe: HSS configuration, Alnico pickups (the single coils are vintage style), a flamed maple top, rear mounted controls (meaning no pickguard) and it comes with a hardcase

(this is the old version with a Seymour Duncan; the new one has a side mounted input and a mini toggle)

Legacy HB: Vintage style Alnico pickups and a mini toggle to split the coils of the bridge humbucker

Legacy 2HB: two Alnico humbuckers with the option to split their coils

Legacy Special: Locking machine heads and three blade humbuckers in SSS configuration

S500: MFD pickups (SSS) with a mini toggle

Quote by hatooku
3. Fender vs G&L? which g&L from the list would you hve?

I'd either go for the 2HB, the Deluxe or the Special. It's all personal opinion though; the best way to find out which ne is best for you is to just try them.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
which is versatile? what is the difference in pickups? i would go for legacy or hb. what is the price orders?
were are some places u can buy em?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by hatooku
which is versatile?

They're all pretty versatile, although depending on what you play a bridge humbucker (or blade humbucker) might be a good idea.

Quote by hatooku
what is the difference in pickups?

Well, some of these are designed to have a vintage like tone. These are usually not too hot and wound to resemble the pickups found in the older Fenders from the 50's and 60's. They tend to have a nice, full, warm tone; ideal for clean playing, or possibly some mild overdrive.

Others are more geared towards modern types of music.

The amp you play them through is even more important than the pickups, though, so keep that in mind.

Quote by hatooku
i would go for legacy or hb. what is the price orders?

Try http://themusiczoo.com/

They currently don't have any in stock but they'll most likely be able to order the one you want; they're nice guys and their pricing is good.

The best thing though is to actually try one before buying; try locating a dealer in your area.

As for pricing the Legacy has an MSRP of 1400 USD, which means that you can find it for sklightly above $1000, depending on where you look.

Quote by sandman-105
were are some places u can buy em?

http://www.glguitars.com/us%20dealers/North%20Carolina.asp

These are the official G&L dealers for North Carolina

Also, the GuitarAsylum and the above mentioned Music Zoo are a good bet. Both are based in NY State, near or on Long Island.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by hatooku
Do you know any places in Southern CA?

These are all the dealers for California, you'll have to look for yourself which you can find in your area:

http://www.glguitars.com/us%20dealers/California.asp

By the way, if you can make your way up to SF, you might want to give Rocker guitars a call; it's a small shop but they sometimes have some nice deals, it's worth checking if they have anything.

The main problem with finding G&L isn't the number of dealers, but the amount of instruments in stock: usually they only have about three G&L guitars in the store.