but the problem is that i need a good power amp that can boost the signal, if at all possible, i'd want it to be good at pretty much any type of music, just cuz i may play any type... and if not great, just good all around, i would like tube, but state is fine....

HOWEVER

IT CANNOT BE MORE THAN 120 WATTS
the cab won't take it......

so any help would be appreciated, thanks
Budget? Ive heard awesome things about the Marshall el34 100/100
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I hate to say this, but it's reaaaaaaaaally not worth buying a separate power amp just to use it with your POD. Those things are ok if you like to experiment with different sounds, but down the road you won't like the sound you're getting at all. Just get a head. I promise you that you will be infinitely happier.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

okay, for my budget, i would like to get away with less money spent on the power amp then i did for my cab and i'm going to for the pod, so like $800-850

though i would spend up to probably 1000 if it is a really good amp
Or just get a head with a bypassable preamp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well, thanks for your advice, but i've listened to it and it sounds good to me, plus, (my luck) i'll end up getting an amp good at just metal which i'm really into, but like my brother i may change styles..... then i'll need a new head and down the crapper the head will go.... until i change again... now you see why
Quote by darkarbiter7
Or just get a head with a bypassable preamp.

Good solution there.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Uhm, for a power amp using tubes don't matter much. Especially since you're using a solid state preamp. Just get yourself a Carvin DCM150. They're a great little power amp for cheap.

Oh, and you'll probably be buying yourself a new multi-effects unit sooner rather than later. The tone (especially when driven loudly) is so-so at best. If you get something you like out of it, go you. But it's really hard.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
the guitarist in Sixx:AM uses pods for all of his sounds. I'm a tube guy but pods can get the job done and are pretty versatile.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Okay, no offense and thanks for the suggestions, but for all future posts

SERIOUSLY AMPS NEED TO BE 120 WATTS OR LOWER
reason being the cab is a 4X12 with 2 vintage 30's and 2 other speakers, can't remember name, but the other two bring down the wattage to 120, instead of higher, so keep that in mind....
thanks
Atomic 1x12? Unless you already have a cab...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by hendrix4934
the guitarist in Sixx:AM uses pods for all of his sounds. I'm a tube guy but pods can get the job done and are pretty versatile.

I thought ashba jut used line 6 vettas? Or does he run that through the heads?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Metalmaker
Okay, no offense and thanks for the suggestions, but for all future posts

SERIOUSLY AMPS NEED TO BE 120 WATTS OR LOWER
reason being the cab is a 4X12 with 2 vintage 30's and 2 other speakers, can't remember name, but the other two bring down the wattage to 120, instead of higher, so keep that in mind....
thanks

The name is DCM150 but it's not pushing 150 watts. Oh, and just an FYI, you'll never crank it to be pushing anywhere near full volume.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by dcdossett65
I thought ashba jut used line 6 vettas? Or does he run that through the heads?

I'm not completly sure. I think he basically has two vettas and then two pods which doesnt really make any sense. But he said the pod gets most of the sounds
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by limefan913
Uhm, for a power amp using tubes don't matter much. Especially since you're using a solid state preamp. Just get yourself a Carvin DCM150. They're a great little power amp for cheap.

Oh, and you'll probably be buying yourself a new multi-effects unit sooner rather than later. The tone (especially when driven loudly) is so-so at best. If you get something you like out of it, go you. But it's really hard.

Hmm, I kinda have to disagree with you there. The tube poweramp is what creates the "pleasant" reaction with our ears, especially when it's even order harmonic emphasized. Dave Mustaine used a Rocktron Prophesy with a marshall tube poweramp, Meshuggah used rack pods into tube poweramps, and many more artists do the same.

If all the "magic" was in the preamp, why is the Vox Valvetronix still not as loud as a similar wattage valve amp?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
May just want to plug into a PA. My XT Live responds pretty well to it. I prefer the tone i get through my valve junior for most things, but the cleaner stuff does sound pretty good on the PA. I'd plug the POD into several different things before i made $1000 decision.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD