I've been messin around with Primus' Groundhog's Day and am trying to figure out what key it's in. I think its the blues scale in C but its got other stuff thrown in too. I'm kinda confused by it all.
Well it's obviously not going to all be in a blues scale with other notes thrown in there. Just making songs with scales isn't original and I know that Les Claypool is way more original than that
^ ...you really oughta talk in more than isn'ts, nots, and ways. You posted 2 sentences, and I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say, let alone what you said.

It's C major blues with a lead in of Cm blues, atleast based on this tab
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/primus/groundhogs_day_tab.htm

although looking at the bass tab, it appears to be the same basic format but it in C#. I'd trust the guitar tab more.
It should be noted the bass does a chromatic run.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Thanks UtBDan for the info. It is very helpful, I've been kinda rackin my brain trying to figure it out.
Just making songs with scales isn't original

This will be news to every musician in the Western hemisphere.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.