so i have 2 guitars that ive had recently customized and they dont have pickups and im really not a pickup expert, well 2 of my guitars have emg 81s and well those are my main giging and recording guitars but i wanna try out somthing different i dont want all my guitars to have emg 81s!! so what would u guys recomend? oh by the way i play heavy metal, like thrash, new wave of british heavy metal type stuff

thanks
Maybe try EMG 81TW and 89, that way you have coil taps. or semour Duncan blackouts
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
or myabe go passive and try out some duncans?

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
or myabe go passive and try out some duncans?

what kind of duncans would u recommend?
id say
-pearly gates, very bell like harmonics great cleans and leads. with a dimebucker which is very hot good for chugging ryhthms and screaming solos
-the duncan distortion, good for High output humbucker built for aggressive playing styles. Recommended for old school metal, punk, thrash and other heavy rock styles. Great for drop tunings.
-the full shred High output tone for heavy rhythms and speed riffs. Used for classic rock, heavy rock, and aggressive solo playing
- Invader
Ultra high output humbucker built for aggressive playing styles. best for thrash, punk, metal and other heavy rock styles

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
also you could go active with duncans
-Livewire™ Dave Mustaine
Active, 9-volt-powered preamp built into the pickup. Provides the benefits of an active pickup without sacrificing the famous, organic, "Seymourized" tone. Great for classic rock, punk, garage, thrash, old school metal, nu-metal, black metal and other heavy rock and aggressive music styles.
-Livewire™ Metal LW-HMET
18-volt active humbucker with extremely high output. Recommended for punk, garage, thrash, old school metal, nu-metal, black metal and other heavy rock and aggressive music styles

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
also you could go active with duncans
-Livewire™ Dave Mustaine
Active, 9-volt-powered preamp built into the pickup. Provides the benefits of an active pickup without sacrificing the famous, organic, "Seymourized" tone. Great for classic rock, punk, garage, thrash, old school metal, nu-metal, black metal and other heavy rock and aggressive music styles.
-Livewire™ Metal LW-HMET
18-volt active humbucker with extremely high output. Recommended for punk, garage, thrash, old school metal, nu-metal, black metal and other heavy rock and aggressive music styles

what about bill lawrence pickups? are those good?
well i havnt played a bill lawrence but i havnt heard anything bad about them.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life