I know this depends on the school but do colleges usually allow mid-small sizse amps in their dorms???

Im planning on bringing one of the smaller amps... VOX DA15 to the dorm
would that be too big for a dorm???

in general, that is...
depends, we arent allowed to play instruments in the dorms, but we have a huge music college with tons of space so it really doesnt matter.
w00t that was my first amp!
but yeah, idk
these threads have been comin up a lot lately, I guess because schools starting soon
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
headphone jack is your friend on this issue.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Oh shlt I wont be able to have my set when I go to college will I? Oh well thats awhile from now
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
They should allow a 15 watt, as someone said, and a headphone jack really IS your best friend, as mentioned above. As long as you dont do it any louder than how loud you would normally be, it should be fine. Unless your at music school, then by all means...
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
I use a Fender G-DEC, 30 Watts. I just don't turn it up too loud. The one time I did, the room bellow me called and asked me to "turn down my stereo."
Quote by NemX162
I use a Fender G-DEC, 30 Watts. I just don't turn it up too loud. The one time I did, the room bellow me called and asked me to "turn down my stereo."

O Rly?
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
music college dorms wont allow you to play instruments??
why? sounds kinda oxymoron
Quote by thelax
music college dorms wont allow you to play instruments??
why? sounds kinda oxymoron

Talkin to me?

It isnt a music college, we have a music college on campus, and thats where we can play all our stuff. Soundproof practice spaces ftw.
Quote by Riot Act
Talkin to me?

It isnt a music college, we have a music college on campus, and thats where we can play all our stuff. Soundproof practice spaces ftw.

this one just out of curiosity...
where do you keep your instruments then?? or do dorms allow you to have them just not play them?
Quote by Ez0ph
w00t that was my first amp!
but yeah, idk
these threads have been comin up a lot lately, I guess because schools starting soon

Brilliant deduction, sir. If I have any murders or great mysteries to be solved, I now know who to call.
We have storage space in the college too, with locks and theres a guy that helps you get travellers insurance, but you are welcome to keep them in your dorm. Im keepin my acoustic in my room, they wont have a problem if i play that cuz no one else would hear it anyways.
Most colleges will allow you to have small amps as long as you don't cause a disturbance. A 15watt shouldn't be a problem. I'm personally taking a 15watt guitar amp and a 30watt bass amp. I'm going to Eastern Kentucky University. Most dorms have a rule to have no excessive noise after a certain hour, but other than that you should be fine.

You can always email your RA or the college in general and check for sure.
Quote by coolestloser
Most colleges will allow you to have small amps as long as you don't cause a disturbance. A 15watt shouldn't be a problem. I'm personally taking a 15watt guitar amp and a 30watt bass amp. I'm going to Eastern Kentucky University. Most dorms have a rule to have no excessive noise after a certain hour, but other than that you should be fine.

You can always email your RA or the college in general and check for sure.

ah i'm going to school tomorrow in kentucky, Murray state... I have a 65W, but i have a headphone jack and head phones, hopefully i'm okay.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
dude even a small amp like that...i think people will complain about the noise
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Haha dude I've got the same situation, I'm also looking to bring a vox AD15 with me. Really I don't think anyone will mind as long as you either or play quietly or probably a better idea use headphones. Anyways what will they tell you to do ship it home? Personally I'm more concerned about someone stealing my SG.
I brought a VOX Valvetronix 15W with me, didn't do any harm. And it helped with the loud obnoxious frat assholes and homies with the constant computer-voice rap and jack johnson crap. Dorms suck, just find an appartment, its cheaper depending where you are.
I had a 15 watt last year, and I plan on bringing my 65 watt this year. As long as quiet hours aren't in session for my dorm I can play it, just on a tolerable level that isn't bothersome. When I play with my band at school, then I can crank it up.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley