Quote by metaldud536
No. The amps will just run Windows XP on them with modeling software installed.

whats the point in that? lugging around huge amps when you can just take a laptop and plug it in the pa!
Quote by metaldud536
No. The amps will just run Windows XP on them with modeling software installed.

but then they will freeze and crash

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
So you think we'll go from single-purpose computers who alter the signal from the input, then send it out to speakers, to PCs, running all hte other crap, who will essentially do the same thing. Pointless much?
Quote by skwisgaar5051

not if it was a macbook pro lulz
Quote by Phazer
whats the point in that? lugging around huge amps when you can just take a laptop and plug it in the pa!

I doubt a laptop will have good quality sound through a pa system versus a nice tube amp head with some cabinets.
Quote by dark&broken
So you think we'll go from single-purpose computers who alter the signal from the input, then send it out to speakers, to PCs, running all hte other crap, who will essentially do the same thing. Pointless much?

in a recording point of view, the signal will be altered by sequencing and recording on a pc so eitherway you have to go through a pc
Quote by metaldud536
I doubt a laptop will have good quality sound through a pa system versus a nice tube amp head with some cabinets.

i use a laptop for live music every weekend. as long as you have a decent soundcard
People today are in the market for vintage gear for "that sound", so I forsee that happening with new gear today. No sound in the future will be quite like it, and maybe there will be reissues of new gear today like we have reissues of older gear now.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by skwisgaar5051

LINUX, haha

I will admit though
I do the computer thing for modeling x.x
Quote by Phazer
maybe they should invent tube pcs lulz

If it ever comes down to it
a tube soundcard wouldn't surprise me.
Quote by identityxcrysis
If it ever comes down to it
a tube soundcard wouldn't surprise me.

its a good idea actually because i use top range piano drum vocal etc stuff and a tube would really make it near perfect.
Quote by Phazer
its a good idea actually because i use top range piano drum vocal etc stuff and a tube would really make it near perfect.

Most definitely, I agree.

If I knew anything about **** like that I'd do it
But that's a little bit beyond my technical knowledge.
I dont really think this new tech will really surpass tubes unless there is a major breakthrough in tech. Also nothing is cooler than going on stage with a stack behind you. NOTHING
Quote by ironman1478
I dont really think this new tech will really surpass tubes unless there is a major breakthrough in tech. Also nothing is cooler than going on stage with a stack behind you. NOTHING

naked big titted women in cages sucking on pommegranites

also you could get cardboard cut out stacks..much lighter
Quote by FRDesign
I'll stick with my Mesa.

**Ooooooooh**

(not as good as engl se)

nah trade it in for a macbook pro
Quote by metaldud536

+1
I read that when RECORDED, digital stuff can sound almost dead on.
But LIVE, a real amps blows EVERYTHING else out of the water.
As confirmed by a magazine somewhere (possibly guitarist magazine is where I read it) - who did a side by side test, and found the above to be true.

Nothing beats a nice tube amp live. Fact.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO