I own an Ibanez GRX40. Stock pickups arent very good.
I usually do heavy riffing (like arch enemy, lamb of god, children of bodom.etc) and looking forward to soloing also(distored kind of soloing more of metallica and children of bodom..not ledZep and stuff..hope you got the idea )
Please help me choose btw SH8 Invader and SH6-JB
Coz' i will be having a new guitar in about an year, this will be my first and last pickup for this guitar.
Been playing only for 2 years....
i would recommend to save up for a better guitar if you have a good amp, and save up for a good amp if you have a not so decent amp. JB is fine though, but might be a little harsh. i dont like the invader. maybe get something like a Custom or Full Shred.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
what i understood from duncan's site and by reading other reviews is that the SH8 Invader was designed to give a sound with high gains for thrash. Probably the meanest pickup duncan has after the blackouts....
while the SH4 was designed to give a mix of both... the ability to play thrash(and other forms of metal) while also being able to play solos...
is that rite????(if you have played one)
Here's in brief
Attachments:
xx.JPG
Quote by leviticus_22953
i would recommend to save up for a better guitar if you have a good amp, and save up for a good amp if you have a not so decent amp

As i said ill be getting a new guitar in about an year.
I live in india.... have a 'stranger' amp which I dont think is availibe in other countries...Quite a decent one
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please reply to my question SH4 or SH8....dont gimme ideas,please