hey there UG users!

Over the last few months I got an idea: I wanted to sell my low end guitars and buy some high end ones! As a start I've sold my BC Rich Wartribe, and now I'm searching for its replacement!

I was kind of determind on buying the Schecter Hellraiser 006, but then I saw the ESP LTD MHB400 which is a baritone!

I know baritone guitar are made to be tuned low, but I was thinking that it could be cool to have it in standard tuning!

Is that a stupid idea or could it work?
I know my future 6stringer is going to be used for alot of down/drop tunings, where the baritone most likely will rock!

Advice me please! Don't be shy (I rarely bite - HARD, that is!)

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Last edited by TheBloodstained at Aug 14, 2008,
the schecter c-7 hellraiser is baritone, in standard but with the low b, so it should be fine; just put like 10s on it.
Quote by RPGoof
I think it would be fine. I know Meshuggah's guys have 30" scale 8 strings, but tune to standard.

yeah...

and also Ibanez made a 7string RG model with the 27" scale, and my Schecter Jeff Loomis is a 26,5" scale, so atleast it should work in theory.....

but I can't really dicide what guitar to buy..... I love Schecter, but I've always adored ESP.....

its either the 006 Hellraiser or the LTD MHB400...... any thoughts?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Randall RH150G3
the only bad part with the LTD is that it'll be BRIGHT; it's a maple body guitar. i'd throw a warmer EMG (85 or 89) in the bridge to compensate for it.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Would the intonation be bunged though?

might need adjusting coz the intonation would be set for heavy strings but it wouldn't be a huge problem
Maybe I should forget the whole baritone thing and just buy the regular Schecter..... It was mostly because of the satin black finish that I considered the LTD (yeah, I know - it's not about the looks!).....

I was browsing guitars earlier and the Schecter C1 Blackjack ATX caught my eyes! It's a Schecter with Blackout 'pups!

Anyone who know any other satin black guitars with hardtail and preferably EMG 'pups?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Randall RH150G3
Baritone scale will work perfectly fine in standard tuning, it will just give you a little more tension.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I would actually do it. Its a great guitar. and it does come in handy like you said when you use it for lower tunings later on. The schecter is a nice guitar too. But its emgs vs blackouts so its personal preference. Check around and find exactly what you want. A baritone would be pretty sweet in standard. I would do it, but thats just because i think it spaces out the frets a little more.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

i think it would work with a trussrod adjustment, provided you don't go nuts with the heavy strings. I wouldn't recommend using more than 9-42 gauge due to the long scale.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.