Dad just showed me these and I don't think they have been posted yet. Kinda cool looking, never go flat. Only problem they see is that Police spike strips wont work so criminals will love them.

Discuss. I think they're pretty damn cool looking. Car looks like its floating sort of.

EDIT: I just found a bunch of info on them. here you go guys.

"The Tweel offers a number of benefits beyond being impervious to nails in the road. The tread will last two to three times as long as current radial tires, Michelin says, and when it does wear thin, it can be retreaded."

"For manufacturers, the Tweel offers an opportunity to reduce the number of parts, eliminating most of the 23 components of a typical new tire as well as the costly air-pressure monitors that will soon be required on new vehicles in the United States.

Manufacturers have devoted an increasing amount of attention to tires that allow motorists to continue driving, at a reduced speed, for at least 100 miles, or 160 kilometers after a puncture. Several such designs are available, providing peace of mind for travelers and cutting the need for spare tires. Michelin sells them under the Pax name."

The spokes are made of Polyurethane

HERE'S A VIDEO DEMONSTRATING THE "TWEEL"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRJ9GfIJtI
Last edited by Silverstein14 at Aug 14, 2008,
wow, that is very interesting. Those look sick. That was a cool idea.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
They look kinda strange. but it's a definite good idea.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I was waiting for someone to invent these. Dunno why it took so long.
the cops will get barbed strips that have something that catches on the inside of the wheel well so the tires wont move...

plus they have nets that get caught in the axles...
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
^^I agree

Ive seen these someplace else, dunno where.

Depends on how good they perform, but look interesting
If the mileage on them were good enough, and they are proven to be safe, I would use them.
Any report on mileage or safety?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
If the mileage on them were good enough, and they are proven to be safe, I would use them.
Any report on mileage or safety?

I say the milege would mostly depend on the flexibility of the wheel.
If the wheels were more rigid, the car would give better milage. If they were flabby, the mileage would drop.
Just as if the tyres were well inflated, the mileage will improve and the tyres don't have much air, it'll drop.
Oh. Polyurethane; sounds pretty solid. Thanks for the update. I hope these get mass produced.
Those tires look like they would be pretty uncomfortable,although they are a good idea
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Good Idea but they make the car look really stupid.
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
Similar to roller skates' tires. I did wonder when/why these would/weren't invented. Be cool if they're mass prouced and safe. Although as has been said I can't see them being great for racing or performance.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?