I'm in a class at school called song writing, where we have some recordings studios being put in, and a live stage set up in a big room, then off to the sides we have alot of practice rooms. So I decided that I'm going to start bringing my electric guitar to school so that I can play there, (we have really crappy Epi's, they are like falling apart). But I have one issue, my amp weighs 15 pounds and I really don't want to carry it around all day, so I looked on some sites and picked out a few mini amps to get to store in the case I'm getting, (it's a box case so a mini amp will fit). So then my friend gets the Marshall MS-4, it's just like the MS-2 but a double stack, and has gain. And it was not bad, but I didn't want to have a double only a single, so I picked out the MS-2 as the amp I was thinking of getting. The Marshall MS-2 is $45.

So I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this amp, and if it's any good, or if I should just look for a different mini.

My budget is like $50, I'm getting $150 soon, but I need $90 for a case, and I want a little to go into my LP fund.

Heres a link for it. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MS-2-Mini-Amp-100037524-i1145911.gc
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Aug 14, 2008,
This amp is good for AC/DC, not really good for metal. Hard rock, 80's rock. The clean is okay, if you want a good clean mini amp. The Fender Mini Tone Master is good, but bad distortion.
I own the MS-4 and the thing is loud as hell.

However they are just little practice amps and their is nothing spectacular about them.
Well I only need it for dragging around, in my case so do you think it's good enough for that.
Lets jump in a pool

It'll do the job, but I think getting a vox DA5 or roland microcube would be a better idea.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by I am wet
Well I only need it for dragging around, in my case so do you think it's good enough for that.

If you're not looking for anything special than yeah, this is probably pretty good for you. It gets decently loud, not too loud, but it can be heard. The clean is good at low volumes and the distortion is only good for AC/DC. Not METAL.
Um I don't care to much about if the distortion is that great because it is only gonna be for like practice and for showing other members of my groups what I thought up.
Lets jump in a pool

Well I wasn't gonna leave any of my stuff at school, because I want it to practice every night.
Lets jump in a pool

You think 15 lbs. is bad? Try 50... that's how much my VK weighs and I lug it to school every day.

It builds character.

And muscles.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I own a MS-4 and it is good for what it does (And also quite loud for 2 watts ) so I'm guessing the MS-2 will be similar. Really with mini-amps, they're all going to sound roughly the same as they're just cheap circuits.
I just bought it, it seems fine for what I need, and it fits in my case.

You think 15 lbs. is bad? Try 50... that's how much my VK weighs and I lug it to school every day.

Umm I'm not saying that 15 lbs is to much, but I don't enjoy having to carry that around with my guitar and my 20 pound backpack after doing an hour and a half of swim practice at 5:30 in the morning. And by the way I'm gonna buy a VK 112 next year, so what do you think of yours?
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by darkarbiter7
It'll do the job, but I think getting a vox DA5 or roland microcube would be a better idea.

+ a lot
(Don't get the Valve King...)

Get one of those Dean Markley mini amps. I think it was called the GT1000, or something like that. The distortion on it is supposed to be good, and it's only 30 $ or so USD. And if you don't really care about tone and just want something to show people, then it should suffice.

Good luck brotha/sista.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware