I didn't get many clear answers last time I asked about a new amp, but Ive been looking at these and I think its perfect for me. Im just starting a band with a friend, so I need a portable, but good and loud amp. Everybody says they are pretty good, but I thought I would ask UG if they think I should get one.

I play mostly punk, classic rock, grunge, and rock. I also play the occasional metal and progressive, but not too much of that so im not concerned if its not good for those genres.

Thanks for your help (if you give any that is)
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
oh also, my price range is about 300-450.

Edit: It also must sound way better than a Line 6 spider III 75w
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
You could get a Crate V33 ORRRR get a Line 6 Flextone. The Flextone will have more options than the Cube or spider and will sound many times better. The Crate will sound better by alot IMO but won't exactly be as versatile effects-wise. the Crate should handle all the stuff you need besides metal, but it can get an OK metal tone with an OD.
^^
That helps a lot then, but im also looking for the 60w version, so it will be louder than the one you heard.

Edit: Thats directed towards soul taker
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You could get a Crate V33 ORRRR get a Line 6 Flextone. The Flextone will have more options than the Cube or spider and will sound many times better. The Crate will sound better by alot IMO but won't exactly be as versatile effects-wise. the Crate should handle all the stuff you need besides metal, but it can get an OK metal tone with an OD.

Personally, I dont want a line 6 product after the spider III. Im sure its much better, but I refuse to ever buy another line 6 amp
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Used flextone, of course. I see them as low as $200.

^^That is just plain stupid. That is like swearing off of Marshall just for your naivity of buying an MG. Flextones are high quality amps.

I realize it is, but are they convenient if I have to be moving it around a lot? The Cubes arent too big so its easier load to lug to my house, friends and back, and doesnt take up as much space.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The Flextone is a little wider than the Cube 60.

The Cube is 32 pounds. I cannot speak for the Flextone's weight.

P.S. I'd buy a Flextone without thinking if I could get one for $200.
Quote by soul_taker
The Flextone is a little wider than the Cube 60.

The Cube is 32 pounds. I cannot speak for the Flextone's weight.

P.S. I'd buy a Flextone without thinking if I could get one for $200.

I saw one that cheap on the Guitar Center used website.
thanks, I think I will try them both out when I go to guitar center or sam ash next.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Oh, do they get a really good sound clean? I want an amp that gives a really good clean sound.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The Cube 60 has a wonderfull clean channel , perfectly clear sparkling sound.
The rectifier setting is also good (mesa boogie esque distortion).
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
The flextone is pretty huge, I don't know why you say it's only a little wider than the cube
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Oh, do they get a really good sound clean? I want an amp that gives a really good clean sound.

Listen to this vid of me playing through my Cube 60 , no pedals or anything just Strat going straight through to amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngfW7ke3z6Q
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by ChillofWinter
Listen to this vid of me playing through my Cube 60 , no pedals or anything just Strat going straight through to amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngfW7ke3z6Q

Wow that does have a good clean, your playing is real good too.

I think im set on getting a roland cube 60w now, thanks everyone.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^