hey guys i'm getting rid of my old RP300 and getting the effect pedals i actually need. i'm in a melodic death metal band so i need a pretty heavy distortion. the two guitars i play have EMG's and i use a peavey VK. If you guys know of any kind of a pedals that might suite my needs. i would go to my local guitar store but that would be guitar center and they don't have any of their pedals ran through decent amps.

thanks
Jekyl and hyde
overdrive and distortion all in one

or a metal muff
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
For the death i'd go with the Boss ML-2.

My guitar has a 81 in the bridge and I use a ML-2 through to my amps clean. It's heavy as hell even when tuned in standard. However it's not as 'tight' as i'd like it to be.
Quote by soul_taker
For the death i'd go with the Boss ML-2.

My guitar has a 81 in the bridge and I use a ML-2 through to my amps clean. It's heavy as hell even when tuned in standard. However it's not as 'tight' as i'd like it to be.

that's what i'm worried about. i try to play as precise as i can. so i want a pedal that is heavy but is, as you said, tight.
I'd say you need a metal muff. Or if have enough money you can check out the Blackstar HT-DISTX. It's supposedly really good, but it's $180.
Quote by alucarDuo
I'd say you need a metal muff. Or if have enough money you can check out the Blackstar HT-DISTX. It's supposedly really good, but it's $180.

little pricey but if it sounds good what the hell.

thanks.
I vote for Tube screamer or similar overdrive to add gain to your VK and tighten things up a bit. Although if you like scooped mids, thats not really a good choice.
Quote by alucarDuo

+1 to the ht-distx option. blackstar pedals are teh br00talz. really thick tone.