Hey guys, i just bought a new fender strat and i have a really stupid question, are you supposed to take off the plastic covering on the pickguard? i know this may sound silly but i just dont know.

thanks
lol, i thought that for about 2 hours with my pickguard
it came off
hahah actually its not a silly question, I had mine on for about 5 months before my friend was like.

-Dude, why do you still have that plastic on?
-What are you talking about? Isn't that plastic for protection?
-Dude...... *facepalm
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by algemar
hahah actually its not a silly question, I had mine on for about 5 months before my friend was like.

-Dude, why do you still have that plastic on?
-What are you talking about? Isn't that plastic for protection?
-Dude...... *facepalm

Haha, it IS for protection... when it's on the wall at the store... After that they don't give a crap if you scratch it
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Actually, for best tone, I would leave it on. It affects how the guitar resonates when played. I've left mine on for 2 years now. You just gotta be carefull not to let it get pealed up.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Actually, for best tone, I would leave it on. It affects how the guitar resonates when played. I've left mine on for 2 years now. You just gotta be carefull not to let it get pealed up.

Awesome.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I always like to leave that stuff on for as long as possible just because I dont like my stuff getting scratched up right away. I do the same thing with cell phones and other similar things....
I just leave it.Makes my guitar look new.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
My friend left it on his jazz bass for couple of years
and when he tried to finally take it off, it was stuck REALLY badly... Freakin insane to take off and sticky residue everywhere.....