hey guys i was just wondering, i know you can adjust how high or low you want your pickups to be away from your strings but i was wondering what this does tonewise?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
awesome thanks, very succinct.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Higher pickups can also mean the sound becomes muddier and harsher. You have to find the right balance
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
If you don't know much about it you should probably take it to your shop and have them set it up for you, and they'll probably explain it to you as well.
not really^

this is one of those really simple things, easily done at home.

if the pickup is closer you'll get more "bite".
too far and you lose volume,
too close and you get mud.

you can raise the treble side to emphasize those strings,
you can raise the bass side to emphasize bass.

if your pickup have adjustable pole pieces then you can fine tune further by adjusting those.

dont go lower than flush to the pup.
put your face close to the pickup and watch it raise and lower.
dont go lower than the guard / body.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you lower them too much, the screw might come out of the pickup and then you gotta take the whole pickguard out to get it to screwed back on with the spring on there...can be a real pain....