But I have on concern stopping me from doing it.

I bought this guitar used. It was set up when I bought it. And it is the best thing I have ever played in my life. The action is so perfect, the neck is smooth and kink free, it never frets out. It's just an ESP LTD M-100, but I've never, ever in my life, played a guitar I like more, and I've had my hands on 2000 dollar Gibsons and Jacksons.

Anyway, so here's my concern. I'm worried that if I take the neck off the body to repaint, I might mess something up (truss rod, intonation, take it off wrong and put a kink in it - I don't know if these are valid concerns but I don't want to risk it)

So basically, my question is - If I take the guitar apart (I'd probably use the opportunity to put in new pups and a killswitch) do you guys think I can get it back to the way it was? Because I'd rather have boring flat black than screw up my beloved guitar in any way.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
you can mask off the neck quite easily if you are concerned.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
you can mask off the neck quite easily if you are concerned.

There's an idea... I mean, I can restring it and even set up the Floyd on it, but I do worry about the neck. I might just have a tech restring it too, that saves me some trouble.

I'll probably go for it, I need to research the whole painting process some more.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Keep in mind that your paint job will probably not look as clean as the factory job.
I mean that in no way as an insult to your abilities, but I just finished a paint job, and it isn't perfect.
However, if that doesn't bother you (doesn't bother me any) then go for it.
I'll have to be very perfectionistic, the design is pretty intricate. I think I can stencil it, though, and come out with something nice.