Page 1 of 2
hey, anyone know any other bands similar to "forever the sickest kids"?

diggin them muchly, and im guessing they're not the only quality band out there like them.

anyways, hit me bak
all time low. cobra starship. we the kings.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
Quote by CobainBohnam
Any band with a singer who wears his heart on his sleeve, and sings in a whiny voice about girls.

this
<insert generic indie pop rock band here>
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
The Searchbar.
An amazing super-group that trancends all genres with their heartfelt, powerful, angry thrash music.

^ Sorry I just like that joke.

But yeah,
FTSK,
I hate them.

With a passion.

Anyway,
doesn't this belong in a different forum?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
The Searchbar.
An amazing super-group that trancends all genres with their heartfelt, powerful, angry thrash music.

^ Sorry I just like that joke.

But yeah,
FTSK,
I hate them.

With a passion.

Anyway,
doesn't this belong in a different forum?

Someone should make a forum for bands like this. They can call it the "****ty music forum".
<insert generic ****ty indie pop rock band with emo hair cuts, les pauls, and are super skinny here>
their singer sounds exactly like that dude from fall out boy
and one of their guitarists looks exactly like him

and pardon me for sounding dumb but what does wearing a heart on a sleeve mean? i've heard it before but im not really sure what it means.

i dont like them
Quote by Dimebag Bill
They suck.

then why are they so successful, while you're sitting on your ass replying to online forums.
Quote by hayz_182
then why are they so successful, while you're sitting on your ass replying to online forums.

They got lucky because they sounded like everyone else sounded at the time

My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy, etc.

Nothing special
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by hayz_182

Because you touch yourself at night.
Quote by hayz_182

Why are you replying to the same forum about a band we clearly don't like?

Just because their successful doesn't have to make them good.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by sneyob
They got lucky because they sounded like everyone else sounded at the time

My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy, etc.

Nothing special

Actually, I have no idea why My Chemical Romance gets lumped in there.

Their new album is pop-punk but doesn't sound like the other type of it.
Example:

Good Charlotte+Simple Plan (****ty versions of Green Day)-> Fall Out Boy (after they sold out)->Panic! At the Disco->Cute is What We Aim For-> Secondhand Serenade->We the Kings->Boys Like Girls->The Maine
Quote by YourDad
Why are you replying to the same forum about a band we clearly don't like?

Just because their successful doesn't have to make them good.

im at work.

they are succesful, and one person saying they suck is just an opinion its not right or wrong. but based on their success they're obviously doing something right.
Quote by hayz_182
im at work.

they are succesful, and one person saying they suck is just an opinion its not right or wrong. but based on their success they're obviously doing something right.

Because following trends means that you're a successful musician, and that you have talent.
*A list of all my gear*

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Quote by hayz_182
im at work.

Yes. By following trends of sounding exactly the same as every other pop-punk band.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
the fact that they're as popular as they are means they have talent. how many bands of that genre out there are unsuccessful and go no where.

the same as any other genre, whatever you listen to i bet not everyone likes, and i bet they could easily be stereotyped as well.
Quote by hayz_182
the fact that they're as popular as they are means they have talent. how many bands of that genre out there are unsuccessful and go no where.

the same as any other genre, whatever you listen to i bet not everyone likes, and i bet they could easily be stereotyped as well.

We're not saying your opinion suck, well at least I'm not.
And yes some bands sound similar but he's just saying that this style of music is a fad, it has no spine, in three months they will be old news and we'll all be talking about some new band. You don't need talent to copy others.
However I respect your opinion fully and because everyone is entitled to their own.
Amazing, if anyone posts "they suck" in a Metallica thread, they get flamed to death, but in a thread about modern pop-rock band...

*awaits inevitable "but metallica is the greatest band EVER!" post*
Quote by CobainBohnam
We're not saying your opinion suck, well at least I'm not.
And yes some bands sound similar but he's just saying that this style of music is a fad, it has no spine, in three months they will be old news and we'll all be talking about some new band. You don't need talent to copy others.
However I respect your opinion fully and because everyone is entitled to their own.

This. You're entitled to your opinion. But it's fact that that band sound nearly the same as more than 75% of the bands it its genre. They're nothing new or special.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
the fact that they're as popular as they are means they have talent.

BECAUSE BEING ABLE TO PLAY THREE DIFFERENT CHORD PROGRESSIONS MAKE YOU HAVE SKILL. BECAUSE MAKING 7TH GRADE GIRLS WET MEANS YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL.

There are many talented bands that are unsuccessful, and there are many untalented bands that are successful.

FTSK is an example of emo pop punk band that gets it's success by dressing up and playing to crowds that are 99% women.

More examples- Hardcore/Grindcore bands that detune guitars and play open notes repeatedly with incomprehensible, terrible screaming, are successful because fat moshers need something to do since they are currently failing in Pre-Algebra.
*A list of all my gear*

just becoz they're not new doesnt mean they're not good. seen as someone mentioned metallica ill use that as an example.

the band trivium, are good...but they aren't original, they sound so much like metallica at times its not even funny.

there are very rarely any ground breaking bands these days in MY OPINION.

give me some examples...
Trivium sucks.
*A list of all my gear*

Quote by Alexishxc1337
Amazing, if anyone posts "they suck" in a Metallica thread, they get flamed to death, but in a thread about modern pop-rock band...

*awaits inevitable "but metallica is the greatest band EVER!" post*

Metallica sucks.

I saw more talent from **** than kirks solos.
Quote by ConeShred
BECAUSE BEING ABLE TO PLAY THREE DIFFERENT CHORD PROGRESSIONS MAKE YOU HAVE SKILL. BECAUSE MAKING 7TH GRADE GIRLS WET MEANS YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL.

There are many talented bands that are unsuccessful, and there are many untalented bands that are successful.

FTSK is an example of emo pop punk band that gets it's success by dressing up and playing to crowds that are 99% women.

More examples- Hardcore/Grindcore bands that detune guitars and play open notes repeatedly with incomprehensible, terrible screaming, are successful because fat moshers need something to do since they are currently failing in Pre-Algebra.

I've been wondering how to say that for so long.
I guess you nailed it.

But I disagree with the 99% women part.
It's about 40% women, 50% women who are actually guys in drag, and 10% people who just tagged along because they're in love with one of the he/shes in drag.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
people who listen to metal and all other styles with more technical guitar are always gonna think pop rock bands are talentless becoz they aren't playing a million notes a second. but the fact is most poprock songs are based around simple melodies and chord progressions, not changing key every second bar.
Quote by hayz_182
just becoz they're not new doesnt mean they're not good. seen as someone mentioned metallica ill use that as an example.

the band trivium, are good...but they aren't original, they sound so much like metallica at times its not even funny.

give me some examples...

You're not even taking into consideration about half of these posts! Read, buddy! Read! He mentioned Metallica as a joke.

Lets talk about trends. They play 3 chord progressions and sound the same as every other pop-punk band. This is fact, not opinion.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Attention: this may come as a shock to many of you but we do have other forums here at ultimate-guitar.com that cover many music related topics, including a Bands and Artists forum.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Try Brand New and The Fall Of Troy.

brand new have gone downhill in my opinion.

i say Protest the hero are.
Quote by hayz_182
just becoz they're not new doesnt mean they're not good. seen as

give me some examples...

I don't disagree with you on this but there are a few that are kind of influential.

The White Stripes: I know what your thinking. "What?". But it was hard to believe awhile ago that a band that simple could be so catchy and actually gather a large fan base.

The Dresden Dolls: Mixing classical with poppy sounds. Google them, you'll see.

The Raconteurs: Perhaps the perfect blend of Dylan-esque acoustics and great alternative songs? Check out "Carolina Drama" and "Salute Your Solution".

Porcupine Tree: Seriously, metal+the Beatles. Listen to "Blackest Eyes".

These bands are not breakthrough, its just a new take on something old and thats always exciting.
Quote by hayz_182
brand new have gone downhill in my opinion.

i say Protest the hero are.

They've matured unbelieveably

I know a lot of people don't like The Devil And God, but it grows on you if you really sit down and listen to the lyrics, putting the music in the backseat so to speak.
Quote by ConeShred

OMFG. All metal bands sound the same!

"wat but like my favurite is the most technicalist!"

All classic rock sounds the same!

"wat but like my favorit 1 has teh coolest riffs n teh best solozz!!!"

All blues sounds the same.

"But my favorit artist playz teh pentatonic scale wit teh most soulzz!"

For fuck's sake, it's called a genre, VERY few artists create something that doesn't have a similar sound to other bands. So it's not sounding brand new, it's just doing what you do well. Just because pop rock happens to be the most popular guitar oriented genre at the moment doesn't mean all the bands are the same. There's thousands upon thousands of pop rock bands so if your band is the one that makes it, you have to be doing something right for someone. Secondly, music is about ENTER-FUCKING-TAINMENT. If three chords is entertaining to someone, then the musician who plays them is good at their job. Being a technical wanker doesn't mean anything, music is about how well you entertain people because that's what music is, entertainment.

For the record, I can't stand FTSK and TS is a dumbass for posting in the wrong forum.
Quote by CobainBohnam
I don't disagree with you on this but there are a few that are kind of influential.

The White Stripes: I know what your thinking. "What?". But it was hard to believe awhile ago that a band that simple could be so catchy and actually gather a large fan base.

The Dresden Dolls: Mixing classical with poppy sounds. Google them, you'll see.

The Raconteurs: Perhaps the perfect blend of Dylan-esque acoustics and great alternative songs? Check out "Carolina Drama" and "Salute Your Solution".

Porcupine Tree: Seriously, metal+the Beatles. Listen to "Blackest Eyes".

These bands are not breakthrough, its just a new take on something old and thats always exciting.

yer, everything always tracks right back to a genre's roots though. I can understand why people crack the ****s about some bands becoz of a certain stereotype that comes along with them, but i listen to a big range of music and at the moment im diggin FTSK lol.
Quote by NGD1313
OMFG. All metal bands sound the same!

"wat but like my favurite is the most technicalist!"

All classic rock sounds the same!

"wat but like my favorit 1 has teh coolest riffs n teh best solozz!!!"

All blues sounds the same.

"But my favorit artist playz teh pentatonic scale wit teh most soulzz!"

For fuck's sake, it's called a genre, VERY few artists create something that doesn't have a similar sound to other bands. So it's not sounding brand new, it's just doing what you do well. Just because pop rock happens to be the most popular guitar oriented genre at the moment doesn't mean all the bands are the same. There's thousands upon thousands of pop rock bands so if your band is the one that makes it, you have to be doing something right for someone. Secondly, music is about ENTER-FUCKING-TAINMENT. If three chords is entertaining to someone, then the musician who plays them is good at their job. Being a technical wanker doesn't mean anything, music is about how well you entertain people because that's what music is, entertainment.

For the record, I can't stand FTSK and TS is a dumbass for posting in the wrong forum.

i dont agree with your last line lol, but amen to the rest.
Page 1 of 2