to lace up your strings, so it will be safe and will last long and wont get all bent up at the end that a little will snap off when you take it off and it will be too short to reinstall?
you shouldnt ever be taking your strings off, then reinstalling them?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989

well whats the best way
Quote by htsktim91989

+1
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by htsktim91989

This.
I'd say let a professional string your guitar until you know things like the above. Learn from them.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Put them through the tuner, but with a lot of slack.
Tune it up, there should be a lot of wraps but not overlapping.

As for them turning out too short, don't cut them so short. It's alright to have like half an inch sticking out.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
what i meant by that is, if your taking your strings off your guitar, you should be putting a new set on. i dont see why you would take the old ones off if your no going to put new ones on.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by phizz.ed
well whats the best way

buy new ones - why on earth would you want to take the strings off unless you were replacing them?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
String winders - these are little handles that fit over the tuning knob, making it easier and faster to wind. Put the string through, and leave quite a bit of slack. Wind it up, making sure the winds are neat. Cut of any excess, then fine tune - use your hands for this like normal. I wouldn't recommend using the winder when tuning.

If you take your strings off, you can easily put them back on because you wound on a lot more than usual, thus it's longer.

When you get a new guitar, you notice that the strings are wound many times around the tuner, neatly - string winders allow you to do this easily. You can get cheap plastic ones for under a quid.
Isn't it true that the more windings you have, the more likely/more length for the string to stretch requiring you to tune it more frequently? I heard that somewhere....not sure if its true though.

I usually end up with about two windings for each string. Also, I re-use strings all the time, as long as they look clean, feel smooth....I see no problem with it.
When I've wound them on I give them a couple of good tugs, upwards. Stretches them out and speeds up the "settling in" process.