So I'm thinking about buying this because I want some new sounds.

Anyways, I want all the features of a Digitech Whammy, and I was wondering if Pitch Shifter means the same thing as Harmonizer.

Does the pitch shifter included just change the notes I'm playing, like downtune or uptune, or create a separate sound?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Pitch shifting and harmonizing are two different things. A pitch shifter will do (like the name says) change the pitch of the note you're playing whereas a harmonizer will create a note that acts in harmony with the original note you played. Hope that helps you out some!
Yeah the pitch shifter will change the note you're playing to a different pitch. Some will simply raise it/lower it by one or two octaves while others will "bend it" until it reaches that note with the use of an expression pedal (sold seperately; the digitech whammy has it built in). A harmonizer will track the notes you play and create a separate pitch at the same time to be added as to create a harmony. Harmonizers have different degrees of harmonies; normally a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and octave.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.