17 21%
No, and I don't want to
18 22%
No, but I would like to
37 46%
Used to
9 11%
Voters: 81.
I know this is a very broad term. I'm referring to the method of meditation of half-shutting your eyes, sitting with a straight back and breathing deeply whilst trying to clear your mind. There are so many different variations so I'll just say that, because I know that some people classify meditation as praying etc. Anyway, how many people here meditate? I tried it last night and it was great. Lit some incense, turned my phone and the TV off and just sat with a straight back and tried to clear my mind. When I finally opened my eyes and went back to whatever I was doing, 20 minutes had passed, crazy. It was really great and I'm just wondering what you guys think of it and whether you do/have done/want to do it etc.

Thanks for your time.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
na, i work 12 hours a day, i aint wasting one second of my free time with my eyes closed that doesnt count as sleep.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Its something id like to get into definatly
espically in the world we live in now, free thinking and clearing of the mind is definatly needed
i think it would be cool to get into it. my best friend does it quite often and he says it helps him a lot. i on the other hand probably have add and cannot stop all the random thoughts in my head long enough to "relax" and "clear" it or whatnot. i find that just sitting or lying down and going over all my thoughts and elaborating on them seems to help me anyways though haha
Yeah, I meditate.
Hoping to kinda get into some psychonautic stuff.
I occasionally bring in some outside influences while I'm doing it, salvia, peyote, lsd, etc...
I do it a few times a week.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
when i play guitar i get a clear mind, free thinking and hours pass magically

when i play guitar

when i play guitar

when i play guitar

lol no i've never tried it personally....
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Never tried but I've been wanting to try it before practicing guitar to get me in a relaxed, focused mood. Problem is I never seem to have enough time.
sig goes here
I've had some weird stuff happen to me when I meditate. Haven't tried in a while.
i tried it a few times and i liked it. It is very relaxing and keeps me from beating the hell outta my brother.
i used to do it, something i would suggest everyone looks in to.
Im on a busy schedule these days with school and work and taking care of the house so there is never really that 40 min or hour i used to spend meditation.
Cool. Thanks for all the response guys. Reading this makes me wanna go meditate again
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I used to do it a lot, I'd get to the point where i coudl go around 45 minutes at a time but I kinda got busy and fell out of it, i plan on getting back into it tho. It was great to relieve stress and just relax.
It's really a wonderful calming experience. I always feel a state of clarity after I meditate that helps me solve whatever problems my life throws at me.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Vos
I used to do it a lot, I'd get to the point where i coudl go around 45 minutes at a time but I kinda got busy and fell out of it, i plan on getting back into it tho. It was great to relieve stress and just relax.

Cool cool. I usually do it for about 20minutes right now, it's really weird sometimes as well, like suddenly I'll kinda like 'wake-up' and just realise the fact that I'm meditating. I don't know, it's really surreal but cool.
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
el bumpo
You are like a hurricane
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I prefer meditation in the "going comatose while laying down" sense. Not sleeping, just breathing deeply and focusing.

Although I oddly enough meditate in the shower. Just sit down cross-legged and let the shower hit your back, and you can focus on damn near anything, especially since the shower is a great source of White Noise which would help clear your head.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by breadstick
No, but I'm open to it.

What he said. Seems cool.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
So how do you meditate?

This really seems interesting.
LARGE TEXT
it sounds quite awesome but i dont think i would be able to do it very well.. because my mind would start racing not just shut down.. ending up with more jumbled thoughts than before!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I loosely follow some aspects of Buddhism, but I completely don't see the point in meditation.

Enlightenment and peace doesn't come from sitting on your arse and not thinking, it comes from going out and being a good person, helping people, and making the world a happier place.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I did it a bit a couple of years back. When I need peace like that now, I wander aimlessly. Does the job much better.
Sometimes I sit outside in the sun, and close my eyes. I guess you could call it meditating as I don't really think about anything. I don't think of it as meditating though.

It's just sitting and relaxing.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
We actually meditated in RE class once....
It was interesting, but i don't think i was really concentrating on it.
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
Quote by will123456789
it sounds quite awesome but i dont think i would be able to do it very well.. because my mind would start racing not just shut down.. ending up with more jumbled thoughts than before!

the trick to meditation is to not try and put away your thoughts that pop into your head. that only makes your mind more active, screwing up your meditative state. Just let those random thoughts flow into your head, but don't actually elaborate on them, just let them come and pass.