I just bought a Jackson Warrior today and when I opened it, there was some kind of allan key with it but its wasn't like a normal one. It has kind of a circular cylinder shape at the end. Anyone know what it's for?

Also, not sure of the pickups on it, but they are pure black squares that say Jackson and kind of look like actives. That's the best description I can give. If anyone knows that would be great
How long have u been playing for...they are EMG'S anyone would know that...the allan key is probally for bridge hight ajustment, im not sure but maybe jackson uses special allan keys cant tell with a picture
The "allen key" you're taking about sounds more likely to be the tool for your truss rod adjustments.

Pictures would be helpful, and I doubt EMG would allow Jackson to use their pickups and brand it with "Jackson". Probably a stock jackson pickup with a cover over it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
The "allen key" you're taking about sounds more likely to be the tool for your truss rod adjustments.

Pictures would be helpful, and I doubt EMG would allow Jackson to use their pickups and brand it with "Jackson". Probably a stock jackson pickup with a cover over it.

I've got that key as well and I've never found a use for it so far. As for the pickups, they are just stock jacksons made to look like EMG's.
GEAR:

Ibanez JEM 555 Steve Vai Signature x2 (Black + White)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele Custom II
Ovation CP247

Vox VT120+
Boss GT-10
Digitech Distortion Factory
Quote by bfchead
How long have u been playing for...they are EMG'S anyone would know that...the allan key is probally for bridge hight ajustment, im not sure but maybe jackson uses special allan keys cant tell with a picture

How long have you been playing for? They aren't EMGs... If they're stamped with the Jackson logo then they're the Jackson pickups.

To TS: What model is it? Is it a Jackson professional?
Quote by h3llang3l
I've got that key as well and I've never found a use for it so far. As for the pickups, they are just stock jacksons made to look like EMG's.

oh... the description give me the impression it could be the tool for the truss rod.

Alternatively you could just try to fit that tool in every hole (on your guitar) you can find and try to see which fits best.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Sounds to me like a ball-end allen key for either your truss rod or locking nut (if you have one).

The pickups just have a black cover on them for uber br00tal1ty.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."