Poll: Which One Should I Save Up For?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which One Should I Save Up For?
Line 6 Toneport ux1
3 8%
Acoustic Guitar
4 11%
Mesa Boogie Amp
30 81%
Voters: 37.
These are what I've been looking at:

-Line 6 Toneport ux1

-Acoustic Guitar (not quite sure which one yet, suggestions would be appreciated)

-Mesa Boogie Amp

I'd like the Toneport because I put up covers and riffs on Youtube and it would be nice to have a good quality sound for my videos. I need an acoustic guitar because I write a lot of acoustic style stuff, but I'm stuck playing it on my Dean. I love the tones that you can get out of Mesa Boogie amps. Suggestions on what Mesa is the best would be good. Not really sure about my budget right now. Just wanting some opinions on these.
just my opinion, but if you already have an amp, the acoustic guitar is the way to go. especially if you're going to use it to write music. sure you could play your electric acoustically as you stated but still...
Quote by corbn89
just my opinion, but if you already have an amp, the acoustic guitar is the way to go. especially if you're going to use it to write music. sure you could play your electric acoustically as you stated but still...

I have a Line 6 Spider III 120
Quote by stc423

AMP
AMP
AMP

What would be your max budget?
What styles of music do you play?
Are you playing in a band or home environment most of the time?
Quote by Highwaytohell
AMP
AMP
AMP

What would be your max budget?
What styles of music do you play?
Are you playing in a band or home environment most of the time?

I'm currently in a band, but we haven't played any gigs yet. Our drummer has found someone to record us. Not quite sure of a budget yet. I play metal stuff and I use clean tones a lot too.
Quote by stc423

ehhhhh

are you playing gigs or jamming with a band? if not you can get away with the spider. youtube's compression will kill your audio quality anyways.
EDIT: didnt get this in in time

but that does push the amp up more. if you can potentially save up for a mesa, why not a good, slightly cheaper amp, and decent acoustic?
Quote by corbn89
ehhhhh

are you playing gigs or jamming with a band? if not you can get away with the spider. youtube's compression will kill your audio quality anyways.
EDIT: didnt get this in in time

but that does push the amp up more. if you can potentially save up for a mesa, why not a good, slightly cheaper amp, and decent acoustic?

Any suggestions for a cheaper amp/ decent acoustic?
Quote by stc423
I'm currently in a band, but we haven't played any gigs yet. Our drummer has found someone to record us. Not quite sure of a budget yet. I play metal stuff and I use clean tones a lot too.

I would gig before you record... thats just me though

Well, You could easily find a used Mesa DC-5, Mesa .50 Caliber or Mesa F-Series (F-30/F-50/F-100) for under 1k. There is also the Mesa rectovreb which you could find used at a good price. I've seen Mark III combos also going for under 1000 used.

There's some options as far as mesa goes.

you may also want to look into a used Peavey XXX combo or used Peavey JSX combo.
yamaha makes some decent cheap acoustic guitars (like their $150 range is passable for the price). just make sure you try it out so you dont get one thats poorly set up.

and if you get the mesa used, youll probably save money buying both than if you bought the mesa new
Quote by corbn89
yamaha makes some decent cheap acoustic guitars (like their $150 range is passable for the price). just make sure you try it out so you dont get one thats poorly set up.

and if you get the mesa used, youll probably save money buying both than if you bought the mesa new

Where can I look for used Mesas?

Btw, I've tried out a Yamaha 12-string. They're pretty nice.
Quote by stc423
Where can I look for used Mesas?

Btw, I've tried out a Yamaha 12-string. They're pretty nice.

Ebay and craigslist... or maybe the classifieds of this forum...
you're best bet would be to play the models at stores like GC and then keep your eyes open for deals on craigslist, ebay, and your local classifieds for the types of mesa you want

It may take longer but you should save a bunch. i always look for used gear first. the markups at stores are ridiculous
If you go the acoustic route (which i would): Yamaha FG700S for a decent solid top acoustic. If you want all solid wood, Epiphone Masterbilt.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What kind of music again?

And you have to have some kind of budget? up to $500, 500 - 1000, 1000+

you may be able to get several of your options especially if you sell the Line 6.

Ok, for now, lets say that I have a budget of 500-1000. About how much would the Line 6 go for? I've used it for a little less than a year (got it last christmas).
I'd get the acoustic if I were you, of course, this is coming from a acoustic addict who prefers playing her $100 acoustic (soon to be better) over her near $1000 worth of electric stuff.

Check out the $300 and under thread in the acoustic forums for a list of good guitars to check out, make sure you play them before you buy them though.
Get the toneport! can always play through headphones then and it will give you something to play with while you save for a amp or acoustic =)

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Go with a Mesa Boogie F-30 or F-50. They sound fantastic and arent but around 500 to 700 on ebay. then with the 300-500 left from that money, get yourself a decent acoustic.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Quote by mlkIII
Go with a Mesa Boogie F-30 or F-50. They sound fantastic and arent but around 500 to 700 on ebay. then with the 300-500 left from that money, get yourself a decent acoustic.

Are F-50's good for gigging?