It's not just one of those days. Today, I truly just am sad.

I graduated high school about 3 months ago, and summer has of course sped on by, leaving what seems like so many memories in such a short span of time. And now life has caught up with us again: days of doing everything and doing nothing are coming to an end as summer break ends and school starts. But this time instead of returning to our routine high school lives, we are flying and driving halfway across the country to start a whole new chapter of our lives.

Eight years, it's been since we met in our 4th grade class . . . eight years.

Two days ago, my best friend left for California to attend USC while I am staying instate to attend Texas. Today we spoke for the first time since he left, and it just hit me. . . he's actually gone. I don't know what it was, but neither one of us could control our emotions as we started talking. Don't get me wrong, I am excited as hell for college and meeting new people and making new friends, but it's just so hard to replace a friend like him. In a few days, another of my closest friends leaves for college, and within a week or two, everybody not staying instate will be gone. . .

I am aware everyone faces these situations every year, but I never thought it would hit me as hard as it did. It's just a sad day and the sad days aren't ending soon enough, and so here it is: UG's college-bound students' therapy session. Tell me I'm not alone

Hi!

Sig Retired.

Oh La Bamba, when will you learn?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by la bamba

I am aware everyone faces these situations every year, but I never thought it would hit me as hard as it did. It's just a sad day and the sad days aren't ending soon enough, and so here it is: UG's college-bound students' therapy session. Tell me I'm not alone

If you're so aware, why do you need to post a thread for other people to tell you you're not alone.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
You're a better man than me.
Tl;dr

EDIT:

Its better to let the **** tree grow than to shake out the **** fruits

remember that
It sucks. I went through the same **** and I still haven't fully recovered.

Don't want to be negative, but don't get your hopes TOO high about college. I did and it turned out to be the worst year of my life. Just hang in there though, the good times WILL happen.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

^ not mocking, that actually made me sad
I just moved to a new school and in the process lost quite a few friends
I'm sad too, man
hug?
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I'm college-bound.

BUT, I don't seem to be in the same boat as you. All of my close friends are staying in-state.

Oh, wait. This probably isn't helping.

Umm...I love you?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
my girlfriends having the same problems you are. But its really not the same cause she's a girl...grow a pair dammit
Quote by TooFast

Oh La Bamba, when will you learn?

relevance, it isn't relevent.........
Quote by Tedward
Tl;dr

EDIT:

Its better to let the **** tree grow than to shake out the **** fruits

remember that

Is that one of Layhee's analogies?

Oh and don't hang your head on something like this, it'll only make it seem worse.
n00b college is about making new friends getting stoned and drunk. grow a pair.
hey dude, i know how you feel. you're lucky you live in the 21st century. you have all sorts of ways to keep in touch with him. you guys can still hang out during the summer too. trust me - good friendships don't die that easily.
Quote by roxthecox

Did you read TS' username by chance?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I think i know what you meen. When my best friend moved to Nova Scotia, i didnt really feel sad or anything, but after she was gone like 2 days later it just kind of struck me that she wasn't coming back. I was very sad that day
Quote by roxthecox

'rox the cox'?!?

i bet you do son!
I know how you feel somewhat, a good friend of mine moved to Indiana and I haven't really talked with them since.
I know how you feel. I was actually thinking about that today. Most of my friends are still here, but they're starting to go off to college one by one. i don't leave for another week and for the past month or so I've been in the exact state of mind that you are. All my friends seem to think that we're never going to see each other again. I'm trying to stay positive and believe that it's not the end of all of our friendships, but it does get difficult sometimes. I also remember that I'm not alone in this feeling, so it's good that you realize that too.

Quote by ISHATINYOURFACE
Do I Make You Feel Better????????????????????????????

... and for fuck's sake go away.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
i just accepted the fact that i would lose friends, and i have, but the ones i still hang out with are some of the best...so its not a bad trade off.

i wouldnt dwell on it too much...with myspace and all that **** its not hard to stay in touch, then after some time its not so bad...and when you do run into people you went to high school with its always good to know that your better off then they are.
Hey la bamba.

I know how it feels to be depressed. I didn't really have any friends in high school so, I dont really know a lot about what your going through.

Just think about all the nasty orgies and stuff your going to have in college...ok probly not

suicide pact?
Hai 2 u
Quote by Gargantuan
This song always cheers me up. *HINT* (TS's username)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykpRruJzClg

I raise you this....
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=txalsgU_5sk&feature=related

Anyways TS, friends are important, but I watched my brother roll his dumbass through college, and he did fine without friends, you just gotta set your mind on school, and when you have time, drive around or call, or facebook, or UG random friends.........
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Aug 15, 2008,
Life goes on, friend who I have never talked to before, you will find new friends and be happy.

Chances are, you will see him again, life is funny like that.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
It happened when I started college. It'll happen again when I start Uni. I hate it but it seems that that's just how it goes
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Dude that sucks, Its one of the reasons Im dreading graduation.

Anyone else notice that theres a lot of depression threads in the pit today?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i prepared myself for the moment you speak of. Ive hated every single day of high school so i wont give a fuuck when i leave.
Yea, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I consider myself to have 3 "True" friends my age. Two of them I've known for 12 years+ and the other is the most special girl to me in the world(although we haven't known each other as long as the two guys).

It blows...alot.

I'm in an even worse boat than you. You lose all your friends that go out of state, but you still have your in-state friends. I'm leaving the state, and I know absolutely no one.

And I'm really dissappointed about it, but it's time to move on, and we have to deal. If the people you care about are worth it (in my case they definitely are), you have to bring it upon yourself to stay in touch no matter what.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
its ok its not like youll never see them again, its just that when you do they will be a pot obsessed bum who is always borrowing your stuff and not returning it and inviting himself over to crash at your house.
nah im just kidding but that seriosuly happened to my sister, her friends kept inviting themselves over and bringing weed and stuff and i had to help her make up a story about how her parents were coming home so theyd leave her the **** alone

but seriously youll see him again
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)