Page 1 of 2
i like some metal... but nothing really that heavy.

but all i hear about is this band between the buried and me and how epic their new cd is.

for some reason.. i cant load their myspace player so i really dont know what they sound like. so are tehy really as good as i hear they are and is their new cd good enough that i would like it?

edit: the heaviest stuff i like is like august burns red, sky ears airplane,
Check out some Fightstar, Chevelle, Tool....things like that...SOAD?

edit: goddamnit..
Last edited by TheClincher at Aug 15, 2008,
It is indeed epic.
Even for people who usually don't like metal.
And don't worry, its not very heavy.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
You have to listen to Colors from beginning to end, or it loses it's awesomeness.
BTBAM are kind of like a mixture of death metal, alt.rock, and progressive. Some people call them mathcore, which I kinda disagree with.

But yeah, I'd just call them prog.metal. Check out "Informal gluttony", "white walls", "alaska", and "selkies: the endless obsession".
Quote by Masonpwiley
You have to listen to Colors from beginning to end, or it loses it's awesomeness.

This.
BTBAM is just one of those bands that you have to listen to the whole album from front to back.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
in my honest opinion, no bashing implied.

I like them

but they just sound like all this other cookiecuttermyspacecore stuff thats been multiplying exponentially lately

sweep, tremolo pick, breakdown. repeat

of that formula
BTBAM is like having a microwave that turns your food to maximum Shred

literally

no seriously Paul Waggoner is ****ing sick same with the singer but sometimes i think their stuff gets a little annoying..

check out Alaska, Selkies etc those are truly epic songs imo
thanks guys.

the singers voice gets a little annoying at points when its just like blaring blast beats.. but their melodic parts sound awesome. if i could buy a few songs off of colors that combine a little bit of all their stuff. what would it be?
Foam Born (A) : The Backtrack
Foam Born (B) : The Decade Of Statues
Informal Gluttony
Sun Of Nothing
Ants Of The Sky
Prequel To The Sequel
Viridian
White Walls

Are the best songs off the album "Colors".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
um necrophagist is pretty metal .
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by alr510
thanks guys.

the singers voice gets a little annoying at points when its just like blaring blast beats.. but their melodic parts sound awesome. if i could buy a few songs off of colors that combine a little bit of all their stuff. what would it be?

You should really listen to the whole album, but specific songs that stand out are

Sun of Nothing
Ants of the Sky
White Walls

Decade of statues also has a pretty cool, jazzy breakdown part.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Informal Gluttony
Sun Of Nothing
Ants Of The Sky
Prequel To The Sequel
Viridian
White Walls

i would have to agree...the only good songs off that cd
Quote by alr510
thanks guys.

No sir, you need to listen to the whole album.
Torrent it if you have to.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Yeah seriously man do yourself a favour and get it. It's one of the best metal albums ever imo. I listen to it at least like 5 times a week. The more you listen, the more little musical nuances you'll discover. Plus Waggoner is just ****in out of control man.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by theocao
um necrophagist is pretty metal .

Necrophagist KICKS ASS!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Necrophagist, Behemoth, Gorgoroth, Deicide, IXXI, Amoral, Decaying Purity, BTBAM, etc.

Good stuff is good.
Moar. Black. Sabbath.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ehh im one of the few people that dont like them that much, but if you wanna check out their songs, try youtube or this
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Informal Gluttony
Sun Of Nothing
Ants Of The Sky
Prequel To The Sequel
Viridian
White Walls

+1

And Also get

Lost Perfection: Caulrophobia
Lost Perfection: Anablephobia
Camilla Rhodes
Mordecai
Reaction
Shevanel (Take 2)
Aesthetic
Ad A Dglgmut
The Need for Repetition
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

If you like overtly technical, meandering music go for it.

But, that's just me. As Darkstar said, more Sabbath.

And, good Sabbath like Tyr .
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
If you like overtly technical, meandering music go for it.

But, that's just me. As Darkstar said, more Sabbath.

And, good Sabbath like Tyr .

Atta boy. Finally some appreciation 'round hurr.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

I'll appreciation you right in the thyroid.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by darkstar2466

Born Again and Tyr are closing up on Master Of Reality for me.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
So I listened to 'Alaska' by BTBAM and it started out all nice with a cool sweeping thing, followed by insane screaming. Not my cup o' tea.
i love prog rock & metal but BTBAM are overrated. they concentrate too much on wanky sweep picking **** and not enough on writing good songs. But obviously they know all the kids will suck them off when they can play sweeps like selkies. I hate that whole mentality.
Quote by alr510
i like some metal... but nothing really that heavy.

but all i hear about is this band between the buried and me and how epic their new cd is.

for some reason.. i cant load their myspace player so i really dont know what they sound like. so are tehy really as good as i hear they are and is their new cd good enough that i would like it?

edit: the heaviest stuff i like is like august burns red, sky ears airplane,

well, i'm guessing you wouldn't want anything too technical or anything, sooo...
i'd say try Amon Amarth, Alestorm, Sonata Arctica, Dissection, Dream Theater, Cynic, Agalloch, Symphony X, Catamenia, Ensiferum, Nevermore, and Tool. i don't know a whole lot of bands, so yeah. those are all pretty easy bands to like imo. you could try Necrophagist, but it took me a while to like them, since they're pretty technical. Between the Buried and Me is technical too, and they really are amazing, but they're not the gods that everyone makes them out to be; they're not that great. still an awesome band though.
Quote by Phazer
i love prog rock & metal but BTBAM are overrated. they concentrate too much on wanky sweep picking **** and not enough on writing good songs. But obviously they know all the kids will suck them off when they can play sweeps like selkies. I hate that whole mentality.

Ignorance is bliss; You must be very happy.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

The coolest thing about BTBAM is the fact that their influences and sound is just so musically diverse. The colors album is every genre under the sun. They have screaming blast beats, slow melodic parts, piano parts, even something like a redneck country part. It's just crazy.
Quote by spartan 118
Ignorance is bliss; You must be very happy.

fraid not chubby kid. grow a pair and come back in 10 years and you'll see that music for wanky guitar kids is not cool.
^^ Here is your original post:

You are implying that they write songs so that kids will fellate them. If you knew ANYTHING about the band, you'd know that's not true. If you don't like them, that's fine, each to their own, but to imply that they are only a wankery band? Fuck off.

Quote by RPGoof
The coolest thing about BTBAM is the fact that their influences and sound is just so musically diverse. The colors album is every genre under the sun. They have screaming blast beats, slow melodic parts, piano parts, even something like a redneck country part. It's just crazy.

That's my favorite part about them; They don't just pick a genre and stick to it. They write their music because they like the sound and not to fit in a genre.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Last edited by spartan 118 at Aug 15, 2008,
You haven't lived until you've heard Selkies...
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by Born_to_shred
You haven't lived until you've heard Selkies...

It's a very good song, but I sort of overplayed it on myself when I first got into these guys. :/
My favorite is Sun of Nothing/Ants of the Sky/Prequel to the Sequel at the moment.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by spartan 118
^^ Here is your original post:

You are implying that they write songs so that kids will fellate them. If you knew ANYTHING about the band, you'd know that's not true. If you don't like them, that's fine, each to their own, but to imply that they are only a wankery band? Fuck off.

i know plenty about the band you chubby little twat do one.
Quote by spartan 118
It's a very good song, but I sort of overplayed it on myself when I first got into these guys. :/
My favorite is Sun of Nothing/Ants of the Sky/Prequel to the Sequel at the moment.

That whole album is amazing. You should add Viridian to your list.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Page 1 of 2