i have been playing guitar for 5 years now and i always wanted to buy fender guitars but most of them are right handed models. Tried to buy them online but i don't live in the state.
I am using BC RICH kerry king ( right handed ) at the moment and it's uncomfortable to play.

I wish i was a right handed. I really don't have choices on guitars.

How do you feel about this?"sigh"
It has its pros and cons. Well, mostly cons. I like the uniqueness of it; it gets peoples attention and stuff. I don't have a problem with selection of lefty guitars to choose from (I'm originally from the 'States and I visit every so often), so that's not an issue. The main thing I don't like about it is that when you don't have your guitar with you, you're screwed. You can't borrow a friend's guitar or anything like that. And when you jam it's fun to be able to trade instruments around. (My guitar friends and I are also proficient with the bass.)

So yeah I also kinda wish I was a righty.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Well there is the option of just flipping the strings.

I'm right handed...sorry for breaking the rules.
I'm lefthanded, and I only play right-handed guitars. That's the way I started playing, so it just feels natural to me. A lot easier to find guitars, too.
But I guess it's harder for someone who have already been playing lefthanded for five years...
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
It's not as simple as just swapping the strings over. They still need to fit properly in the bridge and nut and they may need to be replaced. It also throws out the intonation and balance of the guitar, not to mention your arm is always going over the volume knobs. Schecter are probably the best company when it comes to left handed players, they offer most of their models in left handed options.
Quote by BrockTandem
Schecter are probably the best company when it comes to left handed players, they offer most of their models in left handed options.

Yeah Schecter is great about that. My next guitar will almost assuredly be a Schecter. I love them.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Keep in mind when you switch the strings around all the controls and input will be at the top of the guitar and get in the way.

Ive seen tons of fenders in left handed models...I guess....look harder?

It is fun watching a left handed person play. Its so...different!
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by Steve Plod
It has its pros and cons. Well, mostly cons. I like the uniqueness of it; it gets peoples attention and stuff. I don't have a problem with selection of lefty guitars to choose from (I'm originally from the 'States and I visit every so often), so that's not an issue. The main thing I don't like about it is that when you don't have your guitar with you, you're screwed. You can't borrow a friend's guitar or anything like that. And when you jam it's fun to be able to trade instruments around. (My guitar friends and I are also proficient with the bass.)

So yeah I also kinda wish I was a righty.

That is what I hate because you can't borrow someone's guitar just for a bit but the plus side is that no-one else can taint your guitar with their crappy music.
I'm left handed, but I just play right handed guitar...
I kind of see it as an advantage too, since my left hand is quicker and more coordinated
lefty who plays righty, my teacher forced me to play right and it is the best thing i ever did. things that other guitarists have trouble with fretting wise i find a little easier, and muscle memory comes quickly (about 8 to 10 goes and i have it pretty much memorised.) and i am naturally faster than other guitarists (even though i am not a shredder.)
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

i'm left handed and i just decided to play right handed, realising the lefty discrimination of the guitar companies. it makes it a lot easier.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by kimthekiller07
Tried to buy them online but i don't live in the state.

isn't there an online guitar shop in wherever you are living?
there's gotta be one or two...
At my local music store they only have lefty guitars maybe once every few months. And they're usually used.
Keeping it real since '92
so why didn't you wait till you could find a left-handed strat???
u know making impulse purchases (especially guitars) is gonna hurt you in the long run
i'm lefty and finding guitars is harder, and its a pain in the ass that u can't go to a guitar store and try out the nice guitars like everyone else can. but i came across the ultimate score.
06 gibson les paul studio lefty wine red w/ gold hardware for $800, used, MINT.
now i love it.
Yeah, i know what you mean. I was looking at a H/S/S strat on teh fender website a while back and i was lookin forward to trying it out at a guitar shop, only to realise it doesnt come in a lefty version!
i once heard that left handed people are more likely to be "creatively genius". the two people that come to mind instantly when i heard that are jimi hendrix of course and this guy at my school who is left handed and i think he is very good.

back when jimi was little and learning the guitar, his dad thought being left handed was bad. if he were jamming and his dad walked in, he would quickly flip his guitar around and play right handed. just a little fact i thought you would like
Do we have an official lefty guitarists thread? If not, we need one.
GAS list-o-rama
Orange Tiny Terror Head ($549)
Epiphone VJ Cab ($129)
Seymour Duncan SHPG1/SH-11 set ($95 + $79)
Gaskell Classic (~$680)
Black Gibson SG Standard ($1499)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm a lefty

Though I feel dirty cos I play righty

Me too. I don't see why everyone doesn't just do this.
some people are left handed but have a right handed brain so can play righty more eaisly some people have a left handed brain and would find it near impossible to flip aka me. Anyway if you like fender check out blade guitars, specifically the rh4 classic series. Amazing will do all your strats sounds and anything else you can think of due to the VSC electronics
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Left handed guitarists can get decent left handed guitars that aren't available elsewhere from <mod edit: spam deleted>
the solution
warmoth!!
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I hate being left handed so much. I just started playing about 6 months ago. When I began, i knew how much it was going to suck being left handed. I borrowed a friends righty guitar and tried to learn. I got the fretting down, but my strumming was horrible. I flipped the strings to make the guitar left handed and it was night and day better playing lefty. That was the day I hit rock bottom and realized I was never going to be a right handed guitar player.
Quote by madshatter
i once heard that left handed people are more likely to be "creatively genius". the two people that come to mind instantly when i heard that are jimi hendrix of course and this guy at my school who is left handed and i think he is very good.

back when jimi was little and learning the guitar, his dad thought being left handed was bad. if he were jamming and his dad walked in, he would quickly flip his guitar around and play right handed. just a little fact i thought you would like

He thought being left handed was the work of the devil. Not just bad
Quote by Blompcube
i'm left handed and i just decided to play right handed, realising the lefty discrimination of the guitar companies. it makes it a lot easier.

This.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
im left handed but i feel more comfortable playing a righty
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC