Hi UG readers,

I'm really excited about buying this new Ibanez Jem7V 2006 guitar from a craigslist sellers who's actually selling most of his collection of guitars.

If possible, I would most appreciate it if you guys can all check out this photobucket link and tell me if there are any variation from the real 2006.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e395/kenwu00/

I've done a quick checkup on multiple sites, especially places that sell Team J Craft Jem7V guitars and spotted only small variations that may occur due to difference in years.

1) There is one extra screw right below the switch bar compared to the ibanez official site. I've seen this in other Jem guitars, but those may have been fakes, I'm not sure.

2) As for the bridge, you see the line of black screwed near the top part of the bridge. Most of the time, the first screw is lower, making it unaligned with the rest of the 5 screwed to its right. Is this normal?

I've check the serial number, looked a lot more legit than those that start with a 'C'. The back looks legit. The flowery designs on the fretboard looks legit.

Can someone tell me if it's real or not?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Tony--
I would be very careful. I don't know much about Ibanezes, but the Les Paul he has in the same gallery of photos appears to be a fake.

IDK, because he looks like an actual player. He has hair bands on some guitars, which you'd only see on guitars that someone actually plays.

How much is he asking for?
Last edited by T!AN at Aug 15, 2008,
Don't worry Tony, that is a real Jem7V. As far as the screw on top of the bridge, it is used to adjust the intonation (string length), and so the owner probably changed it's position. The screws aren't supposed to be perfectly aligned if you want correct intonation. And about the extra screw below the switch bar, you're seeing things!! It doesn't exist, I did a comparison between your link and the official website image. If you want to buy it don't worry about it being fake, because it's real!
where do you think the variations from his les paul lie? pickups? bridge?
Quote by Amer91
Don't worry Tony, that is a real Jem7V. As far as the screw on top of the bridge, it is used to adjust the intonation (string length), and so the owner probably changed it's position. The screws aren't supposed to be perfectly aligned if you want correct intonation. And about the extra screw below the switch bar, you're seeing things!! It doesn't exist, I did a comparison between your link and the official website image. If you want to buy it don't worry about it being fake, because it's real!

awesome! thanks. this is actually my new guitar in years and i dont want this to be a knockoff to my collection. now i can sleep, much thanks!
Remembering how gorgeous JEMs are...I think I'm catching some GAS. oh no.
That's a real JEM, you can tell by the Edge Pro bridge, most Jem copies have bridges that either look nothing like an Edge, Edge Pro or Lo-PRO Edge, also sometimes they have cheap Ibanez trems on them, and unless its 555 it wont have a cheap Ibanez trem and those are very easily spotted, its real alright.
My eyes locked at the Edwards :P
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Thirded, it's real.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by T!AN
I would be very careful. I don't know much about Ibanezes, but the Les Paul he has in the same gallery of photos appears to be a fake.

IDK, because he looks like an actual player. He has hair bands on some guitars, which you'd only see on guitars that someone actually plays.

How much is he asking for?

the jem is 1700 and the gibson is 1900
The jems real.

The monkey grip is the exact correct size and the edge pro is supposed to be gold with black tuners and screws
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!