http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1622283/weightlifting_accident_2008_beijing/

I wanted more than just the people visiting that thread to see this. It's very disappointing for the guy this happened to, made it all the way to the olympics for this. Hopefully he'll get better soon and continue to compete.

Kind of funny how the people came out and all lined up to block it from camera view though. Almost looked like a planned out TV show. But anyways, discuss your sympathy, disgust, etc... for the video.
I saw that yesterday (weightlifter snapping his arm not what the troll is posting),i was damn near sick
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
you just did
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Good lord. I cringed everytime they replayed it. That looks more painful than watching some guy getting kicked in the nuts for some reason.
Quote by Slinov
God-damn. F*ck doing that.

Good work by the blocker guys though. They were straight there and doing their job. Saved the poor guy any further embarrassment.

I agree, as I said, it was slightly humourous having not expected them to come out in unison like that to block the view. But they were spot on, and he really doesn't need a ton of people seeing him like that.
I live in hungary, and I heard on the news that the guy was in so much f*kin pain that he didn't even realise that the weight had fallen on his back, it's sick, I feel so god damn sorry for that guy
Quote by alteredgod
That looks painful.

This.

oh wait...

but seriously, was this shown on tv?
NOIZE
Quote by thedefrockednun
I live in hungary, and I heard on the news that the guy was in so much f*kin pain that he didn't even realise that the weight had fallen on his back, it's sick, I feel so god damn sorry for that guy

I can imagine that... christ I'm surprised he didn't black out from the pain

poor, poor guy...

I feel terribly sorry for him
oh damn, that was ****ing awesome!
did you see how his legs were all twitchy? classic
and why are the weights so gay looking?
errr... the main problem is i do weightlifting at school... and the whole team was too scared to do any snatches after seeing that.
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Ouch, poor guy. Imagine going to Beijing just for that to happen.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by mr_hacksaw
honestly, that was incredible. i'll never forget them twitchy legs

I'll snap your arm at the elbow and see how your reaction is

Better yet, do it on a world stage like what has been done here. I'm sure you'd love it
^hey the whole point i love it so much is cause it didnt happen to me. life for you would be much funnier if you took that stance too.
Quote by mr_hacksaw
^hey the whole point i love it so much is cause it didnt happen to me. life for you would be much funnier if you took that stance too.

Life is plenty funny for me, even I found some humour in this. But saying it's funny because it didn't happen to you is pretty silly.

"Ha! The Holocaust was ****ing HILARIOUS... Didn't happen to me "

You should get what I'm saying . Don't think I'm getting all pissy over this, I'm in an awesome mood, I'm just pointing out the flaws in said humour.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Life is plenty funny for me, even I found some humour in this. But saying it's funny because it didn't happen to you is pretty silly.

"Ha! The Holocaust was ****ing HILARIOUS... Didn't happen to me "

You should get what I'm saying . Don't think I'm getting all pissy over this, I'm in an awesome mood, I'm just pointing out the flaws in said humour.

*snicker*

i actually kinda lol'd

damn im going to hell
The worst bit is the screaming.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Didn't see what happened at first then I watched it again and saw what happened, pretty sick.
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
He dislocated his shoulder...it hurts.
I only have sympathy for the weights falling on him and the fact he was on a stage in front of the world.
The blocks were kinda pointless though - as they replayed it about 5 times on the big screen above him. Woulda hurt a bit.... Poor dude.
Quote by _Tim_
He dislocated his shoulder...it hurts.
I only have sympathy for the weights falling on him and the fact he was on a stage in front of the world.

Nah, watch again, it's at the elbow. You can tell from the bend, and how the arm flops when he's falling.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Nah, watch again, it's at the elbow. You can tell from the bend, and how the arm flops when he's falling.

I thought it was his shoulder as well.
Maybe it was both, still not that sorry for him. He'll survive.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind

I read it was a dislocated elbow - though as a hinge joint I'm not really sure how you do that! Looks bloody painful though.
Quote by _Tim_
I thought it was his shoulder as well.
Maybe it was both, still not that sorry for him. He'll survive.

Maybe, who knows. But I do feel pretty sorry for him. Sure, it happens... And well yeah he'll survive. That's just a ****load of pain to go through, and the mental part of it is really the worst. Both the fact that he made it to the olympics, so much training and pressure, and that happens. And then the fact that he was on international television.

EDIT:

Quote by Cyberbob
I read it was a dislocated elbow - though as a hinge joint I'm not really sure how you do that! Looks bloody painful though.

Yeahhh... I wasn't sure about that either. That's why I didn't put "dislocated" in the thread title, I figured SOMETHING must've snapped. Hence the title being "Weightlifter Snaps Arm". I really don't know though, I'm not a doctor (that line actually fits here ).

My bad, I'm just used to saying national television as opposed to internation, it's been fixed though
|
V
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Maybe, who knows. But I do feel pretty sorry for him. Sure, it happens... And well yeah he'll survive. That's just a ****load of pain to go through, and the mental part of it is really the worst. Both the fact that he made it to the olympics, so much training and pressure, and that happens. And then the fact that he was on national television.

International TV, millions of people all over the world saw this guy! That's probably the most embarrassed you can get.
Poor sod, good work by the chaps with the blocking boards
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Damn!I hope that won't happen to my brother.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
See, I think snatches look unstable hence why I dont do them.

This was good conformation for me
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."