What it the best?Buy some pedals and build a pedal-board or buy a MultiEffects Unit??
I know that you can have better sound from stomp-boxes but the multieffects unit is also great...
What do you think. . .?!
What mulit-effects are you looking at? What pedals do you think you would buy?

The difference between pedals and multi-effects is generally a trade-off between tone and convenience.

A single pedal is going to do one thing very well. And using a few of them can get you a very unique sound. Whereas a multi-effects isn't going to sound as great as a single pedal, generally speaking, but also does a lot more.

If you've been playing for a long time, you might want to get individual pedals, provided you've also got a good amp. Otherwise, a multi-effects might be right for you if you just want to mess around and discover your tone.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Well it would be easier to give you advice if you told us what effects you require, your budget, and what amp and guitar you have.
It really depends, if you're new to effect units (or guitar) and don't know what to start with, then I suggest getting a multi-effects pedal and working out which effects suit your style/'sound'. That way you can experiment with them without locking yourself into the one option.

However if you already know what effects you want, or gonna be playing bigger gigs some time soon, go with the individual pedals.
I play the guitar 2 years now and i know many things about effects,how to use them,place them and make the settings right..I have an ibanez guitar and a fender SS amp...I will replace them in christmas with a nice guitar with FR and with a good tube amp...My budget is on $450 to spend for some pedals or for a proccesor..I mostly play classic rock( GNR, Nirvana )Metal( Metallica ) and blues...

If i will buy pedals i will look at:
Ibanez tube screamer TS-9
EHX Small Clone
A volume pedal
EHX Metal Muff
A Flanger, Delay...
These are thoughts i didn't make a deep search...
I also have a Vox V847 and a Boss DS-2

I have a band and we gonna play at 1 or 2 or 3 band competitions in 2009....So i must have the right gear...
I also have in my mind to make a pedalboard with buying a Boss Me50, a delay, and a Noise gate in combination with my V847 and my DS2
Out of interest, why buy a Metal Muff AND A Ts9 when you have a DS-2? What is your amp? A multi-effector is most useful at home or in studio situations. Pedals work best live. Pedals tend to sound a bit better. Most multi-effects have amp modeling, which you may not want. The ME50 already has a delay and noise gate, so there is no reason to buy one separate.
Multi effects are easier to manage, but pedalboards give you more flaxibility
Quote by zaphod42
Multi effects are easier to manage, but pedalboards give you more flaxibility

I think you swapped those around. Most multieffetcs (especially high end ones) are a PITA to setup, but are flexible. Pedals are easy to setup and config, but your flexibility is limited to what you have on hand.
I like pedals. You can buy something cool for about £50, play with it for a while and then go and buy something new. You buy a multi, what excuse have you to go to the guitar shop? What are you going to GAS for? Hmm?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by CJRocker
Out of interest, why buy a Metal Muff AND A Ts9 when you have a DS-2? What is your amp? A multi-effector is most useful at home or in studio situations. Pedals work best live. Pedals tend to sound a bit better. Most multi-effects have amp modeling, which you may not want. The ME50 already has a delay and noise gate, so there is no reason to buy one separate.

Because with a you DS-2 can't get a metal sound..And also i always prefered to have a different delay pedal, even that the unit has one....