could anyone please explain, as detailed as possible, Phantom Power(+48V)?
i think its like, instead of having to supply a power source for a mic, it supplys it and goes to the inferface or watevr ur plugging it into, make sense?,
phantom power is needed to power most condenser mics. It usualy comes on an interface or mixing board.... never heard off a single pahntom power supply :P

Plug the condenser in an XLR input. Turn phantom power on and 48v comes streaming out of the interface/mixing board, throught the cable and into the mic

Peace Mate x
dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

Thankyou, could do with some more detailed info, i know what it is but i have to, "Explain the function of Phantom Power" for an essay im doin and i cant think of anything to write apart from the basic function of it.
o ... i dunno mate, thats all i know, it might be worth going on google or wikipedia or something like that

Peace x
dude ?? have you ever had a casual coversation while having sex??

male:
" so erm .. wot do you think of bbc1 ?"
female:
" AAHHHH SH*T !!!! SH*T !!!!! "

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.

HAHAHA ^^^ :P

Quote by met(AL)
Thankyou, could do with some more detailed info, i know what it is but i have to, "Explain the function of Phantom Power" for an essay im doin and i cant think of anything to write apart from the basic function of it.

just do soemthing about how much more convienient it is and why onyl most condensor mics need it or how it get the power or soemthing
does anyone know any other uses for it apart from condenser mics and active DI's? the question specifical says the "fucntion" so i dont wanna write about the technical side of it really.
just do soemthing about how much more convienient it is and why onyl most condensor mics need it or how it get the power or soemthing[/QUOTE

more convient than what?
more convienient than having to have an adapter, power sorce and a bttery.. or wire,
but ya,
really if all its asking for is the function just say it powers the mic.. thats all it does
I know but its worth 10% and thought that wudnt really justify 10% cos its about 2 lines and its for a uni resit essay so its kinda important.
thanks for your help though i will put something in about not havin to use an adapter or battery.
Quote by crazymanbigman
... never heard off a single pahntom power supply :P

...and now you have...

http://www.8thstreet.com/Product.asp?ProductCode=8170&Category=Recording_Accessories

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Aug 15, 2008,