i need an amp which can handle pedals really well...cheap, good for its value and preferbly just something simple...

i won't need any build in effects on it or any crap..i just want all the money to be put into the tone and quality...some where around 200US?
Quote by stephen_rettie
epi valve junior is s'pposed to be good with pedals

+1
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by NoobOnZone

this one?

Yeah, either that or the mini halfstack.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
for the VJ, i get distortion when i crank it up? or is it just a clean amp which depends of pedals or effects?
Quote by NoobOnZone
for the VJ, i get distortion when i crank it up? or is it just a clean amp which depends of pedals or effects?

No, as a tube amp, it breaks up depending on how loud you turn it up. It will get pretty loud at home though, so heavy natural overdrive is kinda ruled out. That's where pedals come in
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by NoobOnZone

The Valve Junior does distort as you turn it up but it does not get much gain and is loud. It works very well with pedals and an overdrive pedal, an eq pedal and a reverb pedal would make it sound great.
Quote by NoobOnZone

this one?

Is that the new one or the older one? Because I haven't seen that style before.
its the newer one.
i have the older one and there was a few problems with noise (from the transformer i think) but from what iv heard the new ones have got this sorted. if you get a noisy old one you can get them modded to fix this fairly cheaply or just do it your self.
and yeah they are good with pedals a decent od pedal will give a great driven sound at resonable vol
so its a real good choice for what i need? it really seems too simple.. no complicated stuff to tweak and press...and,theres no standby on it?

so in a sense,its just a real nice sounding speaker that works well with pedals?
ah crap...no headphone jacks and stuff...i really need them...i live...in some peaceful area so i can't crank anything up...

heh,someone recommended to me the ibanez TBX30R? it seems pretty decent...should i get it?

other any amps that would take pedals well?
Quote by jimmybob24
its the newer one.
i have the older one and there was a few problems with noise (from the transformer i think) but from what iv heard the new ones have got this sorted. if you get a noisy old one you can get them modded to fix this fairly cheaply or just do it your self.
and yeah they are good with pedals a decent od pedal will give a great driven sound at resonable vol

The Pic is not of the newer one. The V3 has an eminence badge on the grill.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I was looking for something similar to use a boss gt-8 with. I am thinking of just sticking with my cube as it really is the most practical amp for me. MAybe a cube 15 would be good? I think they are meant to take pedals quite well.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by RPGoof
You're not going to get any tube amp that has a headphone jack.

unless you want your ears to bleed.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
lol yeah..

err,so,any other suggestions? i'll need a SS amp..no effects cos i won't want to waste money on them...just a nice amp with a nice tone...doesn't need to be that loud,mid range in terms of price..
wait, how loud can the VJ be? its like 5 tube watts right? isn't that like 10 watts SS?
Quote by NoobOnZone
wait, how loud can the VJ be? its like 5 tube watts right? isn't that like 10 watts SS?

It's about the same size as a 15 watt SS... I don't know in terms of loudness though.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
you guys really think a tube amp would be the best choice?

how about the ibanez valbee? the epip VJ?

is there a SS amp thats about the same level as one of the stated tube amps?
Quote by scott58
The Pic is not of the newer one. The V3 has an eminence badge on the grill.

yeah it is a new version the first version (the one i talked about in your quote) only has one horizontal stripe across the control panel at the very top. and the valve jr logo is also at the top of the control panel not the middle and theres no epiphone e logo on the panel either, there may be a newer version out with an eminence speaker but the first version/one i own is fitted with an epiphone branded speaker.
Epi valve jr or blackheart?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Epi valve jr or blackheart?

Valve Junior. The reason is the EQ and controls. Not worth $50 in my opinion. Add a $70 MXR to the Vj and you have a world of difference.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
so would a blackheart work well with the boss gt-8? im looking for a similar thing as the ts.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I have the NEW V3 - there's nothing written on the red power switch (V1's and V2's have I/O written on it) and the Eminence Logo in the bottom right corner is on all new V3 Combos

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
blackheart little giant 5w. I used to have the head hooked up to a 4x12 cab with celestions and the cleans were great. It is a simple amp but can get a wide variety of tones when you throw pedals in front of it. Try playing it with an overdrive pedal and you will see