6 18%
Zakk LP
4 12%
Custom
20 59%
other LP (suggest one!)
4 12%
Voters: 34.
So i got a good deal on new epiphones.. can get these for almost half the retail price in my country.

The slash and wylde ones are about 160$ more than the custom. I'm thinking the new pick-ups and fretboards on the signature ones might be worth it, but not sure so I need some opinions.

Oh and I play mostly rock and metal (lead mostly) but I am pretty set on the LP look atm so that's what i'm going for.
Last edited by Daseman at Aug 15, 2008,
oh yeah, i can get pretty much any epiphone currently in production
I'd go with the Custom, whack some EMGs in that later in life and you got yourself a bitchin' metal guitar.

Signature gears all well and good, but there'll come a time when you begin to despise having someone elses name on your sound. Maybe thats just me... and everyone I know... But that'd put me off immensely.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Get a Custom Silverburst

I have one...

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Prophecy EX? perfect for metal as it has EMG's in, A slightly thinner neck than the standard lp's, straplocks and 24 frets.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Prophecy EX? perfect for metal as it has EMG's in, A slightly thinner neck than the standard lp's, straplocks and 24 frets.

That's true... it's a brand new model isn't it?

I think i got an email from epiphone regarding them this week...

Hm, the Prophecy sounds like something worth looking into...

The things that put me off of LPs are the thicker necks and the lack of 24, but those are both solved
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
no good, the LP's kinda dig into ur chest a bit after long periods of playing
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
no good, the LP's kinda dig into ur chest a bit after long periods of playing

A lot of guitars do actually. The main problem that i find is the where the neck and body meet since it makes access to higher frets really hard. Also they tend to be pretty heavy. I played mine for about 3 hours standing up the other day and i had to stop because my back hurt like a bitch.

get whatever feels right for you, no point getting a guitar because someone online told you to get it then finding it isn't comfortable. i kinda regret my les paul because of the weight, and i regret my ibanez because i decided on a hard tail and not a FR.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I'm leaning a bit towards the prohecy EX atm..

but I heard alot of people said you basically need to have a tube amp for emg actives to sound good. But i will be using mostly PoDxt and headphones at home and when recording. Ofcourse, this guitar is one i will probably use for a loooong time and i'm planning on getting a tube amp in the future but for now I'll have to make do with the pod.

So how is podxt + active emg's ?
Quote by aradine
get whatever feels right for you, no point getting a guitar because someone online told you to get it then finding it isn't comfortable. i kinda regret my les paul because of the weight, and i regret my ibanez because i decided on a hard tail and not a FR.

yeah i will go to my local musicians store and try it out but not sure they have the prophecy in stock though. I've tried LPs and like the shape etc so it's a question of pick-ups really (and looks, heh). Although i think i got a pretty good idea of how the emg's sound through youtube clips etc..
Quote by Daseman
So i got a good deal on new epiphones.. can get these for almost half the retail price in my country.

The slash and wylde ones are about 160$ more than the custom. I'm thinking the new mics and fretboards on the signature ones might be worth it, but not sure so I need some opinions.

Oh and I play mostly rock and metal (lead mostly) but I am pretty set on the LP look atm so that's what i'm going for.

You sure they're genuine?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i only use my toneport as a connection port for my guitar to my computer for recording i use my digitech RP100A as a preamp. i think some if line 6's stuff sound a little to digital, but if you can get the sound you want go for it, otherwise invest in a good amp.

and i have never heard EMG's need a tube amp to sound good, it's just that on a valve amp the notes will not be as clear. (i think)
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

Quote by jscustomguitars
The Slash coz its the best spec'd out of the lot.

not because your a fanboy?

the slash is no different to a custom except for different pickups, for the same price you could buy a custom and get some actives put in, or another brand of p-ups that will get the sound you need out of them.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Daseman

The slash and wylde ones are about 160$ more than the custom. I'm thinking the new mics and fretboards on the signature ones might be worth it, but not sure so I need some opinions.

Don't you mean pick-ups?
yeah sry, mean the pick-ups ofc

and yes, they are genuine. The reason they are so cheap is cause the retail price in my country is stupidly high and these are imported by a guy who has this as a side business.
Quote by Daseman
yeah sry, mean the pick-ups ofc

and yes, they are genuine. The reason they are so cheap is cause the retail price in my country is stupidly high and these are imported by a guy who has this as a side business.

Hmmmm - sounds dubious to me. Where does he import them from exactly?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Hmmmm - sounds dubious to me. Where does he import them from exactly?

Not sure, but i think from china where the factory is. But the thing is, retail price for something like an epiphone custom or prophecy where i live is about 1400$.

He's selling them for a bit more than what you pay for em in the US. Which for me basically means half the retail price. And so the prices are about what you could expect if you were to import it yourself too so it seems legit, and he offered me to speak with other customers (which I will). So on that point I think it's all good.
Then they're fake - you can't buy direct from the factory unless you're a major distributor. You can't just phone up one of Epiphone's factories and ask for a handful of guitars, you need to order thousands before that can happen. Smaller customers need to go through a national or regional distributor. The "bought direct from the factory" line is used a lot, despite the fact that the factories don't actually sell the guitars. They only make them for Epiphone who organise the selling and distribution themselves.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 15, 2008,
maybe he just imports em from china and not "from the factory" directly.

anyway im gonna check it thurougly before buying and thanks for the heads-up.
im gonna stick with your original question and say the jakk wylde if you want crazy distortion.