New small practise amp.

I'm looking for a new one as I sold my other one a few monthes ago, and with the new school term approaching, I need an amp to bring to school as the ones there are ****e :P

I'm looking for something versitile, than can go from nice cleans to a decent distortion. I mainly play metal, but at school i play a more variety of stuff.

I originally thought of getting the Roland cube 20x but each time I play it, I've been more dissapointed with it.

so another option could be the peavey vypyr 15/30 (depending how big it is) I'd say my budget would be £150, as I need to save up for new pickups, and a 7 string

any suggestions and stuff would be helpful.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
So if you are disappointed about the Roland cube 20x try the 30x. I have it, and also play mostly metal. I really love this amp, its small and has a good sound. (I can't compare to the 20x, didn't play it)
The digital effects are okay, except the dyna, sucks as hell but I never use it!
I use the Boss Metalcore and the ME20, the sound is really good.
I havnt tried the 30x, as I wasn't sure if it would be too much to take to school on the bus with a guitar and sports kit :P, but they stock them in my local music store, so ill test it out sometime
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i might get shot for saying this, but i honestly think the best PRACTICE amp for the money is the line 6 spider