Hey guys,

I'm trying to lean the blues, i love it, its so complicated, but so amazing. sounds so great. and i'm trying to self teach myself. How should i start?
any help would be appreciated.

-and no wise cracks about if u help me i wouldnt be self taught-

Lollll.
Thanks guys.
well first off learn all the different styles of blues rhythm, 12 bar, 8 bar etc etc. then learn the blues scale and pentatonic, also study different bluesman and learn there licks, i being a classic rock guy have a few different blues style licks, some are more seen in blues than others.

finally just feel the music, don't think "okay i need to hit these notes to make the solo right." blues is about feeling the music, so feel the music.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Learn the ol' 1-4-5 blues rhythm. Then learn a couple easy solos, almost all blues is pentatonic so it's easy to play by ear. There's nothing technically too hard about playing the blues (no learning ridiculous things like sweeps, legato, tapping Just play with some feeling! You'll wanna be decent at hammer-ons, pull-offs - that's where most of the speed comes from with The Blues.

Couple easy solos:
SRV - Mary Had a Little Lamb (my first!)
SRV - Cold Shot
SRV - Pride and joy (nice intro)
finally just feel the music, don't think "okay i need to hit these notes to make the solo right." blues is about feeling the music, so feel the music

You sir win
Budget for new equipment:34 $
Total cost:1000

Devoted follower of Zeppelinism