i own a fab pedal and i like it, my teacher owns a dano guitar and it is has sorta tele twangy sound to it.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I want one, after I get my Fender American Deluxe Tele next month
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
yeah i got one, had it a few weeks now one of the new dano pros. Its a £200 quid guitar so obviously its not in the same league as my usa strat or sg but it looks great and can squeeze a pretty good blues tone from it.
its only got 19 frets so def not for shredders and the action seems quite high to me too but i use mine in open g with a slide and some times capo too to get a really cool fingerpicked blues tone so the action is fine for what i use it for.
the build quality is ok but the knobs feel well flimsy and im going to upgrade the tuners at some point.
at the and of the day its a £200 quid guitar and i really bought it just for the looks, but it plays and sounds ok and is perfect for what i use it for so im well pleased with it and would recommend them.
Quote by aradine
i own a fab pedal and i like it, my teacher owns a dano guitar and it is has sorta tele twangy sound to it.

That's kewl! I have a friend who owns a Wasabi pedal- it's very neat and great for what he paid. A lot of the danos have that twangy sound but you can find some with a darker, raunchy sound. You can usually find them cheap and they're worth the money.
it is the single coil p-ups, they are well known for a good twangy sound. although some of the other models have a more mid heavy p-up in them. i suggest trying one before going and buying them because the feel and sound is alot different to most guitars.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

i own a couple of the dano fab pedals as well, got them when first started playing cos they were cheap, the drive and the echo, i dont really use the echo but the drive pedal still gets used and still sounds good 5yrs later
dano metal, i use it as a gain booster for my solo's but i use my satchurator now so.......
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by aradine
it is the single coil p-ups, they are well known for a good twangy sound. although some of the other models have a more mid heavy p-up in them. i suggest trying one before going and buying them because the feel and sound is alot different to most guitars.

I agree with going and trying one before you buy. I usually say that with all gear though- everything sounds different so you never know what you're getting when you buy online. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of used shops around here so I bought both Danelectro's on Ebay. Luckily they sound great. I need to get one set-up but it still sounds awesome and the effects work perfectly!
yeah the pick ups in the new ones are single coil lipstick stlye, i think there wound slightly hotter than strat types as they sound quite brash at times but crunch well when i turn the vol up
Quote by jimmybob24
i own a couple of the dano fab pedals as well, got them when first started playing cos they were cheap, the drive and the echo, i dont really use the echo but the drive pedal still gets used and still sounds good 5yrs later

I have yet to purchase a pedal by danelectro. They are so cheap price-wise! I hear mixed reviews about them though. Some say they are crappy and not worth spending money on. I've got a couple boss pedals that suit me for now.
Quote by jimmybob24
yeah the pick ups in the new ones are single coil lipstick stlye, i think there wound slightly hotter than strat types as they sound quite brash at times but crunch well when i turn the vol up

I have 2 Danoblasters right now but I really want a DC-3. I like that the danoblasters have a similar strat style but I think the twangy-ness of a dc-3 can be pretty kewl for certain things. They are quirky guitars... it's hard to explain why but I love them lol
the pedals are ok for the price like i said i dont really use the echo any more, but i think for £20 the fab overdrive is a great buy, it sounds quite harsh at times and is no were close to my MI audio blues pro in terms of tone or responsiveness etc but for certain uses its a great little pedal and has lasted well consider the amount of abuse iv given it (plastic chassy).
yeah theres definatly something about them, i think its because they are so different to other guitars around that i like them, i quite fancy buying one of the new 61's too.
they are a real piece of design.
i think the aluminium nut on the new ones helps get that twangy dano sound alot too
Quote by jimmybob24
yeah theres definatly something about them, i think its because they are so different to other guitars around that i like them, i quite fancy buying one of the new 61's too.
they are a real piece of design.
i think the aluminium nut on the new ones helps get that twangy dano sound alot too

I agree. They are very unique in sound and design. I think it's something about the sparkle! It just catches your eye and makes you gravitate towards it lol. The first time I saw a danelectro was when I worked at Guitar Center. Someone brought in an old DC in Commie Red- it was beautiful. I wanted one after that.
The singer in one of my bands has one that looks like this one:

'Cept his one has 3 of those lipstick pickups and its in purple instead of orange. He gets a really nice clean tone out of it with his Roland JazzChorus and it sounds crazy when he kicks in the high-gain distortion pedal. Not exactly a refined sound, but its pretty brutal IMO.
I have the DC-12 guitar, the talbox, and an old bashed up DE-1 analog delay. The guitar is excellent out of the box, it gives me that exact chime i was looking for in an electric 12-string. The talkbox could do with a bit more volume, and the volume control doesn't appear to do anything at all, but thats the only issue i have with it. My old DE-1 has obviously been bashed around a lot but still works perfectly, athough it can be a little crackly with the controls sometimes - excellent value for money though, it cost me £2 from a private seller.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yeah theres nothing refined about them at all, sound/build/playability but yeah they sound good.
how much do original ones go for now days? as iv only played looked at the new/reissue ones
Quote by inefficiency
The singer in one of my bands has one that looks like this one:

'Cept his one has 3 of those lipstick pickups and its in purple instead of orange. He gets a really nice clean tone out of it with his Roland JazzChorus and it sounds crazy when he kicks in the high-gain distortion pedal. Not exactly a refined sound, but its pretty brutal IMO.

That's awesome! I love purple. I really want a DC-12 in purple sparkle or the Danelectro Convertible in purple sparkle. I haven't tried a 56-u2 yet but I've heard they sound pretty bright.
Quote by Blompcube
I have the DC-12 guitar, the talbox, and an old bashed up DE-1 analog delay. The guitar is excellent out of the box, it gives me that exact chime i was looking for in an electric 12-string. The talkbox could do with a bit more volume, and the volume control doesn't appear to do anything at all, but thats the only issue i have with it. My old DE-1 has obviously been bashed around a lot but still works perfectly, athough it can be a little crackly with the controls sometimes - excellent value for money though, it cost me £2 from a private seller.

Very nice! I want a DC-12 in purple sparkle and a DC-3 in silver sparkle. I'd love a DC Bass too- I hear those have a great sound. Do you know about how much that translates to in american dollars??
Quote by jimmybob24
yeah theres nothing refined about them at all, sound/build/playability but yeah they sound good.
how much do original ones go for now days? as iv only played looked at the new/reissue ones

i think theres someone on this forum who has been playing since 1967 (uldhppi?) said the new danelectros are a lot better than the originals, he said the originals were awful to play and wouldn't intonate very well due to the rosewood block bridge, but still sounded real good.

Still, they probably go for a lot simply because jimmy page played one.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Very nice! I want a DC-12 in purple sparkle and a DC-3 in silver sparkle. I'd love a DC Bass too- I hear those have a great sound. Do you know about how much that translates to in american dollars??

Well the 12-string cost me £240, so that would be about $500 but it probably costs about $350 in the US, because UK prices are usually a lot higher. I'm not certain.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by jimmybob24

I think the original ones can go anywhere from $300 USD to about $600 USD- but that's only what I've seen on Ebay. I bought my 2 Danoblasters for less than $150usd. I got a great deal and both guitars play well and sound wonderful.
I love the Danelectro's. You can pick them up really cheap and they give a great twangy tone. They are often used for slide guitar, but you can get cool blues, rock, indie, punk and surf tones out of them.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Blompcube
i think theres someone on this forum who has been playing since 1967 (uldhppi?) said the new danelectros are a lot better than the originals, he said the originals were awful to play and wouldn't intonate very well due to the rosewood block bridge, but still sounded real good.

Still, they probably go for a lot simply because jimmy page played one.

Well the 12-string cost me £240, so that would be about $500 but it probably costs about $350 in the US, because UK prices are usually a lot higher. I'm not certain.

WOW 1967? that's insane...I can imagine they didn't sound as good but it would be kewl to own a piece of history. Mine are only a few years old- they were made in the early 2000's. The DC-12's usually go for around 300-400 USD- a bit expensive for me, but one of these days I will buy one.
Quote by Kurapica
I love the Danelectro's. You can pick them up really cheap and they give a great twangy tone. They are often used for slide guitar, but you can get cool blues, rock, indie, punk and surf tones out of them.

Yeah they are definitely cheap and if you find the right one you can get a unique sound. One of my danelectros has a real raunchy tone. It sounds great through distortion and my amp. I love it.
I'm considering getting the new-ish '63 baritone to add a bit of colour to my songwriting - i seem to find it difficult to put 2 instruments from the same frequency range together so i'd probably benefit from a "barry" a lot. And its probably typical that if i want a jangly, twangy baritone sound, the danelectro is ideal.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
I'm considering getting the new-ish '63 baritone to add a bit of colour to my songwriting - i seem to find it difficult to put 2 instruments from the same frequency range together so i'd probably benefit from a "barry" a lot. And its probably typical that if i want a jangly, twangy baritone sound, the danelectro is ideal.

Oh kewl. I don't know much about baritones. I should probably learn more about them but I guess it's just one area I haven't really looked into. I just recently started experimenting more with dropped tunings. I was so used to writing on standard but I'm liking the darker side lol
i heard they have a unique sound because they are made exclusively out of plywood?
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by pinback
i heard they have a unique sound because they are made exclusively out of plywood?

Yeah they are made out of masonite and plywood. That definitely factors in with the sound. I actually don't mind that they aren't solid-body- it makes it easier to play longer because they're so light-weight. I think it depends on the guitar though because some of them I've found don't sound very good but others sound awesome. It's all about finding the right one when it comes to Dano's.
So I am in the market for another Danelectro. I have 2 Danoblasters, and I've been looking to get a DC-3 for a few years now. They usually go for a few hundred dollars on Ebay. DanGuitars.com also sells them, but they are pretty expensive on that site. This is what the guitar looks like:

These are the colors I have to work with:

I'm thinking about getting the Black Metal Flake, but the Turquoise is gorgeous too. Eventually I'd like to get a DC-12 in Purple Metal Flake:

Any opinions? I know you guys have 'em

Quote by inefficiency

I have that exact guitar, same color and all, left handed.
I have no idea what the model is, can someone help me out?
I bought it for $100 when the music store in town went out of business a few years ago.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by OceanofNoise
I have that exact guitar, same color and all, left handed.
I have no idea what the model is, can someone help me out?
I bought it for $100 when the music store in town went out of business a few years ago.

Try this link: http://www.danguitars.com/56-U2.html

DanGuitars.com is a great website to find out what Danelectro you have!