Looking to buy first electric guitar (Yamaha Pacifica 012) off GAK, but I was thinking, is GAK reliable with their setups? Would I be able to buy the guitar without worry of the setup? And if it needs a better setup can I send it back for them to do it?

Also, does anyone know any reliable UK online guitar stockists?
Last edited by NKF176 at Aug 15, 2008,
If you're worried about the way it'll be set up, buy your guitar from a guitar shop. Most of them stock Pacifica's anyway.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
If you're worried about the way it'll be set up, buy your guitar from a guitar shop. Most of them stock Pacifica's anyway.

Thats the thing though, no guitar shops near me.
I got my Pacifica from GAK (though, that said, I actually went there, as it's 45 minutes or so away from me ), and it was perfectly fine to just play
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
You shouldn't buy a guitar that you haven't physically played.

Pacificas don't seem to vary too much though. I've played five or so, and they were all pretty much the same.
Quote by SuperBlob
I got my Pacifica from GAK (though, that said, I actually went there, as it's 45 minutes or so away from me ), and it was perfectly fine to just play

How can it take you 45 minutes to get to GAK when you say you're from Brighton/ Hove?

Anyway, I've never had any problems with GAK. I'm sure if something was wrong with the guitar you could email or phone them and work something out.
I got my Epi Dot from GAK (in Brighton) and it was a nightmare. It took them 5 weeks to order the guitar in and when it arrived at the shop it was the wrong colour and someone had nicked the pick guard off it, so I had to wait another 2 weeks. That said it was instantly playable and in good order and still is, and I got a free Gibson hardcase for my troubles.
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.