Hey UG.

Well, after playing on my First Act guitar for about 8 months, it's time for something new.

This will be my first real guitar, and I don't want to screw up.

I would like something that can play metal and rock with a thinner neck.

A shop near me picked up an Ibanez Iceman and it's beautiful and plays well. Would that be decent?

Any suggestions would be great

EDIT: I can't really go any higher than $1200.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Aug 15, 2008,
Ibanez are famous for their heavy music and thin necks... try an RG-series Ibanez... I've heard good things from them
?price range?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Hay I was going to make this thread in a few weeks lol. With RG I would try out a RG350DX, I read lots of good reviews about it and I might get it for my b-day.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Thanks
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
If your budget is $1200 (American, right?) try an RG1570. It has decent stock pup's, one of the best trem's out there, and a neck that plays like greased butter. I'm saving for one right now.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

Yup, American.

I'll check it out
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Hey UG.

Well, after playing on my First Act guitar for about 8 months, it's time for something new.

This will be my first real guitar, and I don't want to screw up.

I would like something that can play metal and rock with a thinner neck.

A shop near me picked up an Ibanez Iceman and it's beautiful and plays well. Would that be decent?

Any suggestions would be great

EDIT: I can't really go any higher than $1200.

I would suggest just going to a music shop and trying out some gear. Chances are you'll find the one that fits you best and feels right. Don't limit your options- you never know what you will find. Good luck!
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I would suggest just going to a music shop and trying out some gear. Chances are you'll find the one that fits you best and feels right. Don't limit your options- you never know what you will find. Good luck!

Thanks !

Also, the store my intructor works out of is the biggest Ibanez dealership on Long Island, so I can find nearly any Ibanez in there lol. It's pretty cool.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Try all brands not just ibanez. Maybe a ESP EC-1000 or some kind of jackson or schecter.
All the brands i mentioned have some what thin necks and are usually used for heavier music.