I'm starting to get into blues. i am really big classic rock fan [my top 5 would be Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Boston, RHCP, Hendrix]. So, i was wondering what blues artists would I like based on what i would like now?
R.I.P.
Check out Led Zeppelin IV, Hendrix's Blues ...

Also Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers; then John Mayer and Joe Bonamassa.
Rory Gallagher, especially his early stuff, he's really good. Also Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Vaughn aswell and some stuff like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Cream, and the Bluesbreakers are good.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
BB King, SRV, Clapton, Mark Knopfler

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Some that haven't been mentioned yet...
Eric Sardinas, Dave Hole, George Thorogood (hes pretty bluesy)
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
i guess eric clapton is really the biggest link between classic rock and blues. his stuff with cream, as well as with john mayall and his bluesbreakers is some of the best blues you're ever going to hear.

and i got massively into blues through Stevie Ray Vaughan too.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
the black keys!

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Start with LZ I and work your way backwards to Charley Patton, Son House and Leadbelly.
Rory Gallagher and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (that's pre 1971 stuff!!), tends to do the job for me. John Mayall as mentioned before and Johnny Winter, Joe Walsh, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Canned Heat, Freddie King etc....
albert king....the one all the others try to copy.....he makes it sound easy

paul butterfield blues band with mike bloomfield...try some of his licks...

go back to the source ... muddy waters...howlin wolf .... chicago blues sounds...lots of material to listen/study from
Quote by clement1
You MUST listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan!

No he mustn't, he's very overrated.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Waaaay too overrated!

But yeah, if you want more kind of bluesrock I would suggest bands like Ten Years After, Bluesbrakers or early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green.

Guys like John Lee Hooker, B.B.King, Howlin' Wolf are awesome too.

Or go even more back, to the delta blues from the 30's with Charley Patton and Robert Johnson...
Guitars: Fender Highway one -08, Epiphone SG, Walden acoustic and two parlour-acoustics from the early 30's
Amps: Fender -65 Deluxe Reverb, Marshall Valvestate 8240, Peavey Rage and one unknown one, hehe...
Pedals: Dunlop Fuzzface, Original Crybaby
Quote by ze monsta
Is that the reason your user is srvflood?

Haha, I hate my username. I was the biggest SRV nut when I made this name, my taste changes all the time though, so maybe in a year it might be applicable.
Last.fm