Dudes college football season is like two weeks away. so i felt posting a thread because i cant be the only college football fan on here. anyways i guess its just to talk about who your team is and who you think will be good this year.

i personally think this could be the year north carolina returns to the football status they had in the mid-late ninetys under mack brown. we have three great recievers returning and dwight jones coming in who was a 5 star in high school a couple years ago before he went to hargrave.

so anyways if your a college football fan tell us who your team is and why they'll be good this year.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Texas Tech fan here. USA Today has the Red Raiders ranked 14th in the preseason poll. We are returning 18 starters from last year (9-4 season and we beat Virginia in the Gator Bowl). Michael Crabtree will be the man to watch this year. Last year, he was the first freshman to win the Biletnikoff Award as college football's top receiver. All five offensive linemen are also returning. Things are looking up for Red Raider fans!
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
ROCK CHALK GO KU! I'm glad to see another college football fan here! Even if it is a Tarheel fan *grrr* lol. Seriously though, Orange Bowl win last season, so all I can say about expectations for this season is National Championship baby! It could happen right!?

Honestly though, KU is so depleted and crippled from last year, with an added schedule that includes Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, and Nebraska AT Nebraska, I'd be happy going 8-4 and winning another bowl game.
my team is michigan but they'll be bad this year. georgia will beat southern california in the title game 24-17
South Carolina fan here. I think we'll be good, but the SEC is the toughest conference in football, and in the east we'll finish behind Georgia and Florida.

Realistically, we could win 8, but 9 wins would be great.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by bubbaearl
Texas Tech fan here. USA Today has the Red Raiders ranked 14th in the preseason poll. We are returning 18 starters from last year (9-4 season and we beat Virginia in the Gator Bowl). Michael Crabtree will be the man to watch this year. Last year, he was the first freshman to win the Biletnikoff Award as college football's top receiver. All five offensive linemen are also returning. Things are looking up for Red Raider fans!

Wooo Tech is such a fun team to watch, too bad they don't have Amendola anymore though. But they're expected to beat out Texas in the Big 12 south.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
yeah texas tech is gonna be tough to beat. especially at home i love that stadium and the fans really do make a difference.

however ledzep, i just dont see georgia or USC making the national championship. they both are gonna be awesome but i believe USC will choke and lose to another team like stanford last year. also i think theres no way georgia will make it all the way through the SEC with the 1 or less losses it will take to get to the national championship. but thats just my opinion.

Quote by gregs1020

o slidething i'm live in columbia so i know about the SC fans trust me. you know how tough it is being a UNC fan down here.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Ryzeke1
Honestly though, KU is so depleted and crippled from last year, with an added schedule that includes Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, and Nebraska AT Nebraska, I'd be happy going 8-4 and winning another bowl game.

Nebraska is not the football powerhouse that they used to be. I wouldn't worry about KU losing to them this year.

We (Texas Tech) play KU in Kansas this year. THAT will be a great game. Like I said earlier, USA Today has Texas Tech ranked 14th, BUT they have KU ranked 13th. I'm looking forward to October 25th. Good luck KU!!!
Quote by thedude051

Quote by Stress Cow

Are you over 30?
I really hope Ohio State doesn't make it to the Championship game again. They've had their chance.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
^ i agree i think the big ten is the most overrated confrence in college football

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by thefuzz454
Wooo Tech is such a fun team to watch, too bad they don't have Amendola anymore though. But they're expected to beat out Texas in the Big 12 south.

Yeah, Amendola will be missed. Watch for Eric Morris though. His nickname is Emo. He's kinda small like Amendola is, but he's a great receiver. I think he will be returning punts and kickoffs too.
Quote by thedude051

Quote by Stress Cow

Are you over 30?
Quote by bubbaearl
Nebraska is not the football powerhouse that they used to be. I wouldn't worry about KU losing to them this year.

We (Texas Tech) play KU in Kansas this year. THAT will be a great game. Like I said earlier, USA Today has Texas Tech ranked 14th, BUT they have KU ranked 13th. I'm looking forward to October 25th. Good luck KU!!!

For now. Bo's got them on the rise. and Nebraska is always a tough place to play. I think the Huskers will go 7-5 this year, just because they have an easy nonconference schedule (Western Michigan, San Jose St., New Mexico St.). GO HUSKERS!!!!!!
GO HUSKERS!

12/5/1993 --R.I.P. J.J.S.-- 6/4/2010
i'm a virginia tech fan.

we lost like 4 or 5 senior recievers, and our 2 star linebackers, and our best cornerback.

its gonna be tough, but i'm hoping we will do good this year. ive been reading in the paper, and apperently our offensive line has stepped it up and is much better.

go hokies!
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by AGNES_fan34
I think the Huskers will go 7-5 this year, just because they have an easy nonconference schedule (Western Michigan, San Jose St., New Mexico St.). GO HUSKERS!!!!!!

Yeah, Texas Tech's nonconference schedule is pretty weak too. I think we're playing one of the local Middle School teams.

We play Eastern Washington, Nevada, SMU, and UMASS in nonconference play (and three of those games are at home). If Tech's not 4-0 by September 21st then something's wrong.
Quote by thedude051

Quote by Stress Cow

Are you over 30?
Im Alabama Tide fan. I can't wait for football. We always grill out turn the tv up loud and drink beer. Anyways we are still going to suck this year until we get rid of our senior qb. He can not work under pressure. So since hes still around im not expecting much. I hope we beat Auburn. Its cool though we got #1 in recuiting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0uMpSf5tw if anyones interested
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
Plus the SEC is a hell of a conference to play in
Quote by Waffleexplosion
The SEC is hands down the toughest conference in college football.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
^Actually statistically, the Big 12 is better this year. 5 teams in the Preseason top 14. The SEC has 5 in the top 18.

My prediction is for the Sooners to go undefeated and beat the winner of the USC-OSU game in the championship.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
WVU!!!
I think we have a legitimate shot at winning the national championship this year. As long as we win out and the teams in front of us lose...
WE ARE BC!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Quote by in2thesun88
Tennessee wont do anything this year according to this guy-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mor3ZBsKINI

lol ^^ that is hilarious...that guy HATES tennessee apparently.

but on the flipside i LOVE tennessee, but this season is kinda blurry right now in my mind. there gonna have a QB crompton who hasnt had alot of playing time, showed alot of good things a couple years ago against LSU (when ainge was hurt) he is supose to be very promising though. Erik Berry is gonna be a stud, again! there gonna have some good backs, and some good recievers that actually have experience this year. some positions are just a bit cloudy, and i just DO NOT know if they'll be able to have a good season..they have enormous potential, but i just dont know, only time will tell!

GO BIG ORANGE NATION!
I go to Notre Dame so of course I'm rooting for the Irish. We laid the effing smack down on Michigan today, they beat us 38-0 last year and we beat them 35-17 this time. Hopefully we'll have a comeback this year... we've got a few kickass players and some overrated ones but overall we're doing damn good so far.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
WOOO go ECU pirates! 3-0 baby though they did play terribly today I still love them!
I don't know if anyone saw the UCF vs USF game, but I think EVERYONE knows that the refs favored USF and that UCF should've definitely won that game.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by SunDrop
lol ^^ that is hilarious...that guy HATES tennessee apparently.

but on the flipside i LOVE tennessee, but this season is kinda blurry right now in my mind. there gonna have a QB crompton who hasnt had alot of playing time, showed alot of good things a couple years ago against LSU (when ainge was hurt) he is supose to be very promising though. Erik Berry is gonna be a stud, again! there gonna have some good backs, and some good recievers that actually have experience this year. some positions are just a bit cloudy, and i just DO NOT know if they'll be able to have a good season..they have enormous potential, but i just dont know, only time will tell!

GO BIG ORANGE NATION!

yes GO BIG ORANGE im from knoxville, i went to the NIU game yesterday and man we looked terrible, the only bright spot was that Stephens looked better than Crompton

i'm scared about the UGA and Bama games though
Quote by Ahyoka
Pop goes the weasel...with the casket closed

Quote by Jsteele1408
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote by Tastytaco
mmm... if a girl has Tourette's and screams "f*** me!", would that be consent?

PSN: jermstar44
Why is this not at least as big as the NFL thread?

I am going to rant because I am furious.

LSU is my team but man... FUKKING LEE... I hope he dies in fire. He is a shit QB and I want to vomit every time he comes onto the field. I hope he snaps a leg (neck) so I wont have to see his pathetic attempts at making a mockery of a football game.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Go Huskers! Definitely not where we used to be back in the day (thanks Steve Pederson , I refuse to pile on the bandwagon and blame everything on Callahan. Though he deserves some blame, it was Pederson who hired him and he picked the wrong man for the job) but we're headed in the right direction. We're 6-3 and a a few mistakes and penalties away from being 8-1 and being well into the Top 25. It's going to be a lot harder to get back to our former glory considering that the Big 12 is so tough and the competition (especially non-BCS conferences) in general have gotten a lot better but hopefully we can at least get back to contending for the conference title every year.

Also, is there anyone else here that can't stand Chase Daniel as much as me? He's a slightly above average QB that has great talent and a great scheme around him, and he seems to be really cocky and a spoiled brat.