Not too hard for somoen with the proper skillls (ie soldering, schematic reading & identifying components and their values). If you are trying to save money this way, I'd forget it. In order to do a proper job you'd also need a printed circuit board (another skill involved to layout one) and manufacturers get the benefits of mass purchasing lowering all the required materials costs. You really can't make one a cheap as you can buy one. If you are doing for fun or educational purposes, that's different. You can find Electronic projects on the Web and support info.
Moving on.....
I might do one for my sixth form product design course in sepetember so any facilities I need will be at hand.
It shouldn't be that hard to design and build an op amp based amp with a headphone out. A PCB won't be necessary, but if properly designed could save space but there are tons of alternatives including perfboard or just dead bugging the whole thing.
Or stripboard, works good too.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
you could easily use a little gem schematic from runoffgroove.com. One of the easiest circuits you could possibly build, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
you could easily use a little gem schematic from runoffgroove.com. One of the easiest circuits you could possibly build, lol

I beg to differ... the Minty amp is easier.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Do the stompbox PCBs output at line level, if so then they could easily be modified in terms of connections that are fitted ( male socket on the input end. Also, I might need my teacher to decipher some of the symbols as I havent really leant them.
Quote by Axecutioner
It shouldn't be that hard to design and build an op amp based amp with a headphone out. A PCB won't be necessary, but if properly designed could save space but there are tons of alternatives including perfboard or just dead bugging the whole thing.

CCT boards are easier for beginners as the "wiring" is done and embedded in the design of the PWB. It's also easier if you have to change components for some reason or trace out mistakes. I've used perf board/vector board and wirewrap techniques and am not crazy about them which I why I learned how to layout PCB years ago.
Moving on.....