These are some random grover tuners on ebay.

These speed knobs were taken off an Epiphone so I think they will.

I'm doing an overhaul on my Epi. G-400 and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!
Quote by drewfromutah

These are some random grover tuners on ebay.

These speed knobs were taken off an Epiphone so I think they will.

I'm doing an overhaul on my Epi. G-400 and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!

Knobs yes, tuners, depenends on the diam. of your tuning holes, and if the tuners are for 3/3 pegheads or 6 in line.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Stratoblaster73
Knobs yes, tuners, depenends on the diam. of your tuning holes, and if the tuners are for 3/3 pegheads or 6 in line.

I think they're 6 inline. Does that mean no for the G-400?

Thanks!
Quote by drewfromutah
I think they're 6 inline. Does that mean no for the G-400?

Thanks!

you'd need 3/3 for a g-400
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why don't you actually spend some money and get some GOOD tuners?

Are you getting tuners because your doesn't keep tune? Bet you 10 bucks that it's just your stringing technique.

Follow these instructions, i guarantee you won't need new tuners:
http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html

I know how to string my guitar properly, thanks though. My paypal address is in my profile. My G-400 is 7 years old and hasn't been touched in 4 years. The tuners are cheap plastic Epiphone tuners. Not only do they look crappy, but they suck. I don't need anything incredibly nice for a 3rd string guitar -- but I do want it to be in tune when I need it.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why don't you actually spend some money and get some GOOD tuners?
You can't polish carp.
These go to eleven...
^Well, of course not. Carps have a poor surface to be polished.

Quote by drewfromutah
I know how to string my guitar properly, thanks though.

You know, a lot of people say that, but...I often find it's quite the opposite. I don't mean to insult you - I'm just saying.
When i string my guitar, it's 3 extra wraps around the post - tops. Can you say that? This accounts for less slack in the string.

The tuners really aren't that bad - my G-400's tuners weren't.
The g400 I bought at the begining of the year had grovers fitted as standard.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Well, of course not. Carps have a poor surface to be polished.

You know, a lot of people say that, but...I often find it's quite the opposite. I don't mean to insult you - I'm just saying.
When i string my guitar, it's 3 extra wraps around the post - tops. Can you say that? This accounts for less slack in the string.

The tuners really aren't that bad - my G-400's tuners weren't.

What year is your G-400? Mine is an '01 -- I think in '04 they started putting higher quality Grovers on instead of plastic Epiphone tuners.

As far as stringing, I give myself some slack and just wrap it around twice.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Mine is an '03, I believe.

Do you lock the string around the post, like it shows on that page?

Yes. Stringing that way was one of the first things I ever learned from my guitar teacher.

the other reason I believe I need new tuners is my low E buzzes uncontrollably. Someone here mentioned it could be a bad tuner... It probably just needs a truss rod adjustment, but I may as well try and kill two birds with one stone.
Cool. You got my approval, then! I always just try and make sure people aren't buying new tuners uncessarily.

I don't think the low E buzzing is a tuner problem at all. Have you raised the height at the TOM bridge? Just raise one of the posts, the one on the bass side of the strings of course, and then you may need to fix your intonation again.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Cool. You got my approval, then! I always just try and make sure people aren't buying new tuners uncessarily.

I don't think the low E buzzing is a tuner problem at all. Have you raised the height at the TOM bridge? Just raise one of the posts, the one on the bass side of the strings of course, and then you may need to fix your intonation again.

I have raised the height so much that the action is TOO high, and the low e still buzzes like a bee flying around in an aluminum can. I've probably messed up my intonation now actually -- this thing is going to take forever to complete.