Does anyone else think this guy is a simply awesome songwriter? The Fray isn't in a type of genre that I usually listen to, if at all, but I gotta say that this guy has some great lyrics. Although all his songs are simple, they are all pretty universal themes that I can definitely relate to. I don't think How to Save a Life is a great song, and extremely overrated but the rest of the How to Save a Life album is damn good.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Aug 15, 2008,
tbh they're nothing special in my opinion

i prefer lyrics such as beck's, elliott smith's etc.
Quote by wooftang999
tbh they're nothing special in my opinion

i prefer lyrics such as beck's, elliott smith's etc.

well of course Elliott Smith has wayyyy better lyrics than pretty much everyone imo
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
well of course Elliott Smith has wayyyy better lyrics than pretty much everyone imo

haha high five to that
How many years has it been, since they've released an album? They are sort of like Nada Surf, in a way. However, alot of pop rockers are imitating Coldplay. The Fray has talent, but they are just like Keane, Snow Patrol, and others like that. These guys have good songs. However, this is a marketing trend that's got to blow over, by the end of this decade. Coldplay's Viva La Vida is an excellent album and definitely takes off of their previous albums.

The Fray is a different story. Keane, Snow Patrol, and the Fray are all good, but they're very commerical alternative. The Fray does have great songwriting, I'll give them that. I'd definitely buy their album. They're much better than alot of stuff at #1. Let's face it, though. All great bands that have had a popular song have a song that charted the highest on the POP charts.
I actually heard they are releasing an album next month. The thing about artists taking awhile to release albums is that sometimes it takes awhile just because the artist wants to make sure that everything is done RIGHT. For example, John Mayer hasn't released an album in 2 years, and the new album won't be out for probably another year but John has said himself, "It will be released when it is great". So if it takes an artist awhile to release an album, thats fine with me. They just gotta make sure it was worth the wait. Continuum DEFINITELY was.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic