okay, theres gotta be some way that you can put the songs from your iPod onto your computer, see my computer recently crashed and i dont wanna go through loading all my cds on and everything plus i dont have my purchased music, who knows how?
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
unfortunatly i dont think you can, i tried it with my friends ipod to get some of his songs on to my itunes, and it only wants to put the songs from your computer into the ipod it doesnt go the other way. at least you know all the songs you had on there
edit
let me make it a little more clear. you also cant do a drag and drop to the computer because the songs wont be able to go onto the ipod, because the source is a thumbe drive (essentially the ipod isa thumb drive you can listen to) and in order to access the source of musci file the thumb drive has to be plugged in, at least it does on my computer
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
tune tools its like twenty bucks but its worth it as an alternative to reuploading your music
Just go to my pc go to your ipod, find the music folder and copy paste the songs
Ipod thread, but ill spare you some advice.
plug it in, then

my computer, double click the name of your ipod, click 'tools' from the top menu, then folder options, click view, then under hidden files/folders, select "show hidden files/folders, exit out click apply or ok, then go back to your ipod folders, and select 'ipod control'.

select music, and drag each folder into 'my music' on 'my computer'

then drag 'my music' into itunes.

there.
Last edited by Alexishxc1337 at Aug 15, 2008,
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Ipod thread, but ill spare you some advice.
plug it in, then

my computer, double click the name of your ipod, click 'tools' from the top menu, then folder options, click view, then under hidden files/folders, select "show hidden files/folders, exit out click apply or ok, then go back to your ipod folders, and select 'ipod control'.

select music, and drag each folder into 'my music' on 'my computer'

there.

True
Or copy paste
"Your player should enter disk mode automatically when connected to a computer via USB. If your computer does not recognise your player, you may need to enter the disk mode manually. Disconnect your player from the computer. Hard reset the player by pressing and holding the Menu and Select buttons simultaneously. As soon as the player resets, press and hold the Select and Play buttons simultaneously. Your player should enter disk mode and you can try reconnecting to the computer. "

That should do it.

Agh, I got beat, didn't I?
Quote by ZamoraZ
Just go to my pc go to your ipod, find the music folder and copy paste the songs

utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter fail..
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter fail..

Hehe
Worked for me I got a new computer
when i got my computer back from my dads freind who was upgrading it it had a program called ipod2pc installed so it exists, dont know where you can get it from though
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by Morry
Google > iDump > Download > Follow Instructions > Get Music On Computer.

Apparently it works

ftmfw.

make sure you wipe.
Quote by grifff
the only problem is that you have to rename all of your songs

once you throw them in itunes, the names are corrected. when they're in my music, they come up as SDXK and stuff like that.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
no need to get any software, i've been in your situation several times, my method works fine.

it says that some of the firls can't be found though. it also is taking a long time
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
download idump it works really well for this stuff
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by matteo cubano
it says that some of the firls can't be found though. it also is taking a long time

What do you mean they can't be found? What point in the process does that come up?

And of course it's bound to take a while, it's copying your music from one source to another.