Skill.
Good equipment.
High grades.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ability to read music like sight reading..
Skill... pretty much thats it..
ohhh and luck, nobody needs a session guitarist anymore.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Shib
ohhh and luck, nobody needs a session guitarist anymore.

I guess me and the whole Stevenson College of music are doing it just for a good time then aye ?

Dont listen to this guy. If you've got skill,can read music and have some good ideas you'll be welcome in any ensemble.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
whats a session guitarist?

/serious, albiet nooby questions

Someone who gets hired to play, albeit at gigs or on record. Happens a lot in popular music.

In addition to what has been said, you need serious contacts as well. Nothing goes as far as reputation.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Someone who gets hired to play, albeit at gigs or on record. Happens a lot in popular music.

In addition to what has been said, you need serious contacts as well. Nothing goes as far as reputation.

....friends for ever?

IDST
You know Guitar Hero? Yeah, it's just like that.

Except using this:

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Last edited by Will D at Aug 15, 2008,
Sight reading and capability of playing multiple genres. You'd have to be on the virtuoso level to get a decent living doing this.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Will D
You know Guitar Hero? Yeah, it's just like that.

Except using this:

well i can't really tell how hard it is, it's all in black and white. for all i know, the whole thing could be on two or three buttons.
Hey you guys,
As for the Sight-reading, I recommend Guitar Freak Workstation with SightReader Master.
It's totally adjustable to the users level and works on reading notes with rhythms. I've looked around and there's nothing for guitar or bass software that deals with sight-reading but this. The download site with some info is www.prolevelguitar.com
PS it does chords as well. From what I can see, you can upgrade the software to a whole bunch of tools I haven't seen before... there's some videos on them.
There are so many talented guitarists (who are also talented musicians) that i would think you have to be very, very good. Like, no "Give me a minute to learn this" just come in, sight-read pretty much perfectly, leave (with money).