Hey guys I keep getting this weird extra noise from my guitar and I'm wondering if it's me or the guitar. I usually play without an amp and when I try to practice tapping parts it doesn't sound like the original note. It has this high pitched shriek and I also get this sound when playing fast licks. I can still hear it under the notes. I think that might be my playing.

I have a terrible amp ( and guitar ) and even when I turn the gain ALL THE WAY UP I still can't hear that EVH tapping sound that I want, just a louder version of the shriek. I'm not really sure what the deal is.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Hey guys I keep getting this weird extra noise from my guitar and I'm wondering if it's me or the guitar. I usually play without an amp and when I try to practice tapping parts it doesn't sound like the original note. It has this high pitched shriek and I also get this sound when playing fast licks. I can still hear it under the notes. I think that might be my playing.

I have a terrible amp ( and guitar ) and even when I turn the gain ALL THE WAY UP I still can't hear that EVH tapping sound that I want, just a louder version of the shriek. I'm not really sure what the deal is.

its most likely the amp
its most likely the amp, I had a crappy one for a while too and I had the same problem. But after I got a nicer amp it sounded a lot better.
But I also get this sound while tapping without the amp.....I'm just going to guess that tapping without an amp isn't going to sound good at all...